Author Topic: GSX Installer/Live Update unable to update due to "Server Maintenance"  (Read 699 times)

phase1NE

Wondering if my installer is bugged or something. I've been getting the "Server Maintenance - The update server is undergoing maintenance right now, updates are not possible. Please come back later" message for the past 6 hours or so.

I've been checking intermittently since probably 11:30am CST, looking for the Release notes for 2.8.3 to be added so I could update. Assumed server maintenance was part of that, but seems odd that it would still be going on after this much time. If there is a way to fix or clear the cache, let me know.

Obv., I don't mind waiting to update, I just can't remember there ever being maintenance for this long... Also didn't know if it was maybe an AWS issue. Thx in advance!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Installer/Live Update unable to update due to "Server Maintenance"
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2023, 01:14:35 am »
There's nothing wrong, it's just an update that covers lots of small files, so it's very slow to deploy, because every new file must also be purged from the cloudflare cache, and this is a slow process.

The reason for the message is to prevent users from starting an update when it's not safe to do so (while a new one is still being uploaded), which is an obvious improvement to the previous version, where you were supposed to check the release notes and don't update until you see the updated ones. Now, the updater itself is taking care of that, so you are no longer supposed to know that, and you won't risk starting an update when it's not safe to do it.

phase1NE

Re: GSX Installer/Live Update unable to update due to "Server Maintenance"
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2023, 01:22:38 am »
All good! I just wanted to make sure it wasn't something on my end. I had a feeling that was the reason for it. Thanks for the message!