Author Topic: PMDG integration : incorrect fuel value  (Read 1151 times)

Darewell

PMDG integration : incorrect fuel value
« on: October 27, 2023, 08:27:01 pm »
Hello,

first of all, thank you for the Simbrief integration, love it!

I just noticed a small issue, it seems that GSX doesn't load up the correct fuel value, it loads a little to much fuel.

In this example, when I refresh my Simbrief flight plan, the correct value is displayed ( 8087 KGS).

But somehow GSX is loading up 8201 KGS.

I don't understand why, I noticed that on my last few flights, I have GSX 2.8.2.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2023, 08:28:44 pm by Darewell »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: PMDG integration : incorrect fuel value
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2023, 08:37:27 pm »
But somehow GSX is loading up 8201 KGS.

This is correct and it's intentional: quoting from the release notes:

Fuel quantity will be set and rounded up according to the customary rounding on the next hundred.

This has been suggested by users while testing, who objected refueling the exact quantity from the flight plan is not realistic, and it's rounded to the next closes hundred + 100 for precaution. So, 8087 kgs becomes 8200 kgs.

So, why 8201 and not 8200? Because in many cases you might running on APU so, if we set exactly 8200, the APU Realtime consumption would bring it down to 8199 immediately, since we can't set decimals from the FMC, so we set it to +1, which will result in the nice 8200, if the APU is running.

And yes, we might look into a small update to *check* if the APU is running, and not round up +1 if it isn't, this can be done.

Darewell

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2023, 08:53:39 pm »
Roger, sorry for not doing my part, I missed that in the changelog.

Thank you very much, I love this feature.

klokous

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2023, 11:50:36 am »
This is not realistic. I'm sure your airline, if you were a pilot, would not approve that. Sometimes they load 30kgs more fuel than the block fuel, but 114 kgs more is so much. So if my block fuel was 8009, would you load almost 200 kgs more of fuel just to round it? This is not realistic. Just add 30 kgs to 50 kgs of fuel and it's done. Not even the most rich company in the world round fuel like that. Just my opinion!
« Last Edit: November 06, 2023, 01:33:43 pm by virtuali »

Dcamp70

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2023, 06:25:39 pm »
HI,
in the sim brief I set the fuel in kgs, and also in the pmdg instrumentation the fuel is indicated in kgs.
In gsx however the quantity appears in lbs. How can it be changed in kgs?
I saw that in Darewell's screen shot the indication is in kgs......

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2023, 01:33:10 pm »
This is not realistic. I'm sure your airline, if you were a pilot, would not approve that. Sometimes they load 30kgs more fuel than the block fuel, but 114 kgs more is so much. So if my block fuel was 8009, would you load almost 200 kgs more of fuel just to round it? This is not realistic. Just add 30 kgs to 50 kgs of fuel and it's done. Not even the most rich company in the world round fuel like that. Just my opinion!

It's not as if we "made up" that option. While we were testing this feature, users who participated in testing suggested specifically that kind of rounding, saying it's used by a major 737 operator so, again, perhaps we might make it optional the extra +100, to be configurable by airframe.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2023, 01:36:02 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2023, 01:37:17 pm »
in the sim brief I set the fuel in kgs, and also in the pmdg instrumentation the fuel is indicated in kgs. In gsx however the quantity appears in lbs. How can it be changed in kgs?

GSX will read the PMDG settings for each airframe, so this shouldn't happen. A possible reason is your airframe hasn't been detected correctly, which would be easier to verify if you posted a diagnostic log made after you select Refueling.