Author Topic: Catering & Baggage Loading  (Read 702 times)

pchitkara

Catering & Baggage Loading
« on: November 08, 2023, 06:22:02 am »
Real world we have baggage loading as well as catering in parallel.

GSX has all this done one after the other that takes ages and more often than not I skip catering which is a bummer. Is there a limitation in MSFS that prevents this?

arpal

Re: Catering & Baggage Loading
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2023, 08:47:17 am »
Interesting to read this, i always thought these could not be done simultaneously cause it seems a little strange for the passengers embarking and at the same time trolleys coming into the galley from the opposite. Not to mention cabin crew's obligations being divided bewteen putting everything in the respective positions and helping passengers board at the same time

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2023, 10:36:14 am »
I never saw, as a passenger, a catering crew in the cabin while I was boarding so no, boarding passengers is not done at the same time as catering.

However, baggage loading can be done together with catering (not on all airplanes, some have the cargo door too close to the service door, so the two vehicles won't fit together), to do this, we would have to split passengers and baggage into two separate services, which is a major change, and it will likely break existing 3rd party integrations, so it's not something that can be taken lightly.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2023, 11:50:37 am »
I never saw, as a passenger, a catering crew in the cabin while I was boarding so no, boarding passengers is not done at the same time as catering.
I've only ever personally seen it happen once, and that was because catering was delayed getting to the airplane. As a result of said delay, we didn't get our pre-departure beverages until after we got to cruise altitude.
Captain Kevin