Author Topic: Bad jetway data - No passengers (visible models) deboaring  (Read 1378 times)

disco79stu

Bad jetway data - No passengers (visible models) deboaring
« on: October 25, 2023, 09:48:34 am »
Hi,
since the latest update, I noticed on three consecutive flights now, that I don't see any passengers deboarding (jetways) anymore. I see them coming, but not getting off.

Checking the log, I see this entry:

Bad jetway data.You won't see Passengers.
Cannot find simObject attribute in jetway at gate None 322

But I had passengers missing deboarding at LIRJ, LFMN and LIPZ now, while I can see them boarding just fine on those airports

What could be bad/broken here?

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Bad jetway data - No passengers (visible models) deboaring
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2023, 02:45:39 pm »
This cannot possibly be caused by the last update, which hasn't changed anything related to jetways.  Of course, without knowing which version you were previously were on, it's difficult to be sure what exactly "the last updates" means for you because, something in the way bad jetway data was handled HAS changed recently, but not in the last update, it changed in 2.8.0, October 12th:

GSX Pro Fix: Another possible error in case a scenery has bad jetways (they still won't work, but GSX won't crash now).

That's just for completeness's sake to clarify I'm trying to be accurate saying the "last update" hasn't changed anything related to jetways (it surely hasn't) but, I don't think this is your issue, because if you were on the previous 2.7.9 version, receiving bad jetway data for any reason would have caused a GSX crash, now jetways and passengers still wouldn't work, but at least GSX won't crash anymore in that case.

The most likely cause of issues related to jetways, is not having disable the GSX replacement jetway for a 3rd party airport, or possibly a custom GSX profile made for a scenery that has then been updated, so the profile is no longer valid.

This would be of course way easier to verify with a more detailed report, clearly indicating which "LIRJ, LFMN and LIPZ" you are referring to, because lacking any better info, I can only assume default. And, of course, the precise, exact, custom GSX profile you used there, assume you used one.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2023, 02:50:04 pm by virtuali »

disco79stu

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2023, 10:35:02 pm »
Okay, I checked and confirmed several things.

I have definitely disabled GSX jetways on my third party airports, in fact, I followed your suggestion and deactivated all of them.
GSX latest version 2.8.2 installed and verified several times.

I can reproduce the above OP error (where no passengers are visual during deboarding) when I pre-select a gate during approach (here, LEBL gate 228 was selected on final, but it happened on all airports I tried recently).
Doing this will lead to no passengers and "bad jetway data". When I select a gate after I landed, it works just fine.

Aircraft used: Fenix A320

Additionally used: Fenix2GSX

Attached are the following files:
-Logfile
-GSX profile used

BR

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2023, 08:26:13 am »
Try to select the gate in flight, but closer to the airport, because the reason might be you were still too far for the airport for the jetways to be loaded.

In theory, after a recent update, this issue shouldn't happen anymore, since GSX will request again the list of jetways when you are parked, but maybe is not working as expected.

disco79stu

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2023, 07:01:18 pm »
As mentioned, I selected the gate on final, about 10nm out...
But I will just see and observe how this behaves with coming updates.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2023, 07:45:13 pm »
As mentioned, I selected the gate on final, about 10nm out...

That's why I asked to do it closer to the airport, to verify this is in fact the problem.

disco79stu

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2023, 10:10:57 am »
Okay, how close should I get? ... because at some point it makes the pre-selection functionality kinda obsolete :)

So I just flew into LSGG, pre-selected the gate even closer (approx. 5nm final), same result. Bad jetway data, no passengers spawn. Log file attached.

I flew LEMD (Gate T15) to LSGG (Gate 05).
(Fenix; Redwing Sim LSGG)

« Last Edit: November 08, 2023, 10:14:38 am by disco79stu »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2023, 10:26:29 am »
Okay, how close should I get? ... because at some point it makes the pre-selection functionality kinda obsolete

Do you understand I'm asking this AS A TEST, to verify it's our method to prevent the problem which is not working, or that scenery *really* has bad jetway data, or Simconnect got bonkers and reported wrong errors? Nowhere I said you will always have to do this.

So I just flew into LSGG, pre-selected the gate even closer (approx. 5nm final), same result. Bad jetway data, no passengers spawn. Log file attached.

I'd say a better distance would be 3NM or even lese.

disco79stu

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2023, 03:11:23 pm »
Do you understand I'm asking this AS A TEST, to verify it's our method to prevent the problem which is not working, or that scenery *really* has bad jetway data, or Simconnect got bonkers and reported wrong errors? Nowhere I said you will always have to do this.

So.... no, apparently I did not understand that you asked me to perform this as a specific tests for you, sorry, I guess I'm to stupid.

"Try to select the gate in flight, but closer to the airport, because the reason might be you were still too far for the airport for the jetways to be loaded."

No, you didn't say I'll always have to do this but that sentence could be a general advice for how to avoid the error as well as a request to do a specific test. Sorry for not getting it, still, no need for the tone an shout, Sir.
A simple "could you try from 3nm?" would have been sufficient.

Let's just leave it at that.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2023, 04:17:30 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2023, 04:22:14 pm »
No, you didn't say I'll always have to do this but that sentence could be a general advice for how to avoid the error as well as a request to do a specific test.

I'll quote again my last post:

That's why I asked to do it closer to the airport, to verify this is in fact the problem.

"To verify", clearly implies we are trying to verify an hypothesis, that is, a test.

Sorry for not getting it, still, no need for the tone an shout, Sir.

There's no "tone" here, just that slightly snarky comment of your "at some point it makes the pre-selection functionality kinda obsolete", which looked as if I was trying to tell you to live with that error forever and having a function in GSX that is basically useless. Of course we must investigate it, that is what "test" ( sorry "verify" ) means.