Author Topic: Cannot save new Audio settings  (Read 2011 times)

cteixeira

Cannot save new Audio settings
« on: October 24, 2023, 10:04:14 am »
Does someone already tested the new audio settings? I have my motherboard as my default sound device (5.1 speakers), a USB sound card (buttkicker with simshaker), and headphones (PF3 ATC) connected to my monitor through my graphics card.
Whenever I set settings, for example COMMS to my headphone, and apply and save, all the GSX sounds are played from default speakers. After checking GSX settings again, they are default again, all sounds assigned to my default sound device.
Sincerely,
Carlos

Andreasmb

Re: Cannot save new Audio settings
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2023, 06:40:06 pm »
Same here with me, changing in GSX Audio settings towards headphones ( which in MSFS works fine for the ATC comm exchange) and apply settings does not work.
After having chosen my headphones in the settings page and having hit Apply and thereafter Okay, then couatl is closing and restarting but after restart the comm setting in GSX is again on my main speakers and not on headphone.

Need advice.

tks
Andreas

daan_vb

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2023, 10:12:56 pm »
Yes same symptoms here too

Aryeh Isaac-Saul

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2023, 10:25:59 pm »
Same with me :( I've asked on the discord but with no luck at all. I've deleted and redownloaded GSX PRO and it still doesn't work. This is very frustrating but hopefully, it can be fixed quickly :)

Every time I try to set all the 3 volume settings to my Headphones, it automatically closes (which is normal) after I press the APPLY button.
Then I have to manually open the COUATL.
Then when I go into the GSX settings again, it is as if all my work has been deleted, it says that I have picked "NONE" for all 3 of my volume controls...
« Last Edit: October 24, 2023, 10:31:03 pm by Aryeh Isaac-Saul »

adidanuleasa

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2023, 11:32:52 pm »
+1 from me on this one.

After the latest update, GSX is selecting No Sound by default on my system. The problem is that changing it to ALS ... Realtek etc. (the only other option) actually crashes Couatl when applying (it does not stop and restart, it crashes - Event Viewer checked) and when reopening GSX the setting has not saved and there is still no sound.

Is there any workaround on updating those? Seems that the latest update created this for a few folks...

cteixeira

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2023, 12:03:58 am »
So, to start working for me, I did the following:
Updated audio driver, start MSFS at an airport, exit couatl, deleted %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatladdons.ini, start coualtl again, and my settings could be saved. ;D

Aryeh Isaac-Saul

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2023, 12:12:07 am »
Updated audio driver, start MSFS at an airport, exit couatl, deleted %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatladdons.ini, start coualtl again, and my settings could be saved. ;D

I’ve got a few questions just to make sure I’m doing the right thing 😂
1. Did u load in at a GATE or on the RUNWAY?
2. If u delete “Couatladdons.ini” how would you get it back?
3. When u open COUATL again, will it work fine even tho u deleted something?
Much appreciated!!

cteixeira

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2023, 12:45:32 am »

Much appreciated!!

That’s why I exit couatl and start again. Couatl creates a new one, and you can always make a backup of the file before deleting it

Fragtality

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2023, 02:40:35 am »
Same for me, the Audio Device is not changed (e.g. selecting the Headset for "Comms"). Happens for both OpenAL and Generic Software.

Aryeh Isaac-Saul

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2023, 08:31:07 am »

Much appreciated!!

That’s why I exit couatl and start again. Couatl creates a new one, and you can always make a backup of the file before deleting it

Oh ok. Makes sense. Thank you so so much for being able to fix it!

Aryeh Isaac-Saul

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2023, 08:33:15 am »
Same for me, the Audio Device is not changed (e.g. selecting the Headset for "Comms"). Happens for both OpenAL and Generic Software.

Sorry I’m not the best with PCs. What’s this download supposed to do? Is it needed or will COUATL make the same thing when it re launches?
Many thanks.

adidanuleasa

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2023, 09:11:59 am »

Thanks for this. Merely deleting it and rerunning to make it regenerate fixed it for me and I now have sounds again. Need to redo the other settings but it's saving fine. :)

Fragtality

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2023, 03:46:24 pm »

Sorry I’m not the best with PCs. What’s this download supposed to do? Is it needed or will COUATL make the same thing when it re launches?
Many thanks.

It is an Error Report, hence I attached my Log File.
If your "not good at PCs": Please don't just download any File you come across.

Fragtality

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2023, 04:07:24 pm »

Can Confirm, now it saves the Configuration.
But deleting the [common] Section in the ini File was enough for me.

Aryeh Isaac-Saul

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2023, 07:33:12 pm »

Many thanks.

It is an Error Report, hence I attached my Log File.
If your "not good at PCs": Please don't just download any File you come across.

haha thanks. Im not the best with coding I mean. I can get around any sort of tech just the coding part is way out of my league!
Thanks for the help!