Author Topic: Sim crash to desktop  (Read 1240 times)

romoni

Sim crash to desktop
« on: October 20, 2023, 01:17:11 pm »
Couatl Error and happen now and then. Yestarday ESSA - EBBR no problem but today between EBBR - LEMD before STAR BANEV3D CTD. Very frustated situation as You "fly" couple hours and start a descent prosedures and BUM - sim crash. This not happen always but randomly and always I see that is Couatl error as I check it from Event Viewer.

Any Idea?

romoni

Re: Sim crash to desktop
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2023, 01:43:28 pm »
Here is more information:

AppName couatl64_MSFS.exe
  AppVersion 4.8.0.5268
  AppTimeStamp 6516c577
  ModuleName ntdll.dll
  ModuleVersion 10.0.22621.2428
  ModuleTimeStamp 806d3ecf
  ExceptionCode c0000374
  FaultingOffset 000000000010c849
  ProcessId 0x3144
  ProcessCreationTime 0x1da03257ce3e520
  AppPath C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\couatl64\couatl64_MSFS.exe
  ModulePath C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
  IntegratorReportId 044707ee-1684-433e-a3e5-2e3aab52cfe5
  PackageFullName 
  PackageRelativeAppId

AppName FlightSimulator.exe
  AppVersion 1.34.16.0
  AppTimeStamp 00000000
  ModuleName FlightSimulator.exe
  ModuleVersion 1.34.16.0
  ModuleTimeStamp 00000000
  ExceptionCode c0000005
  FaultingOffset 00000000007b7ea9
  ProcessId 0x142c
  ProcessCreationTime 0x1da03252ccb1a64
  AppPath D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
  ModulePath D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
  IntegratorReportId 99c40e0b-3259-4339-9d81-fc17030c4206
  PackageFullName 
  PackageRelativeAppId

romoni

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2023, 01:37:32 pm »
There are a few problems all the time. Loading GSX - Please wait... Passanger boarding stop to 50% suddenly and those CTD's. Loading GSX can solve by starting simulator and a new attempt but this CTD problems is worst. These problems started  a couple updates ago. Before that I haven't any problem so here we are and waiting that I could to continue my hobby again.

I understand that this could be a very compilcated addon and it not easy to find a solution to every problems but mayby You find something because I would like to keep this program active in my simulator.

BTW - I use Steam versio of the MSFS 2020 if it's mean something.

romoni

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2023, 01:29:06 pm »
Update:

Yestarday I did a re-instal operation and tested simulation. GSX started and flash open during 1 second and closed again. I try a couple times without succeses and gave up. Today was a new day and a new attempt to get this program working again. I statrted sim and as it started I got information like this:

The addon <no traceback available> is causing the Couatl Scripting Engine to restart. Please run Live Update.

I did as asked and started sim again. This time all went like it's normaly go. GSX works vey well an I made a flight between LFPO - LEBL without any problems.

Well -  who knows about what's going on in simworld. A one day everythings works like charm and an other day nothing. But like I said before - the problems occured randomly and allways I can see Event View shows that CTD is caused by Couatl.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2023, 02:52:14 pm »
I can see Event View shows that CTD is caused by Couatl.

That's not the case.

This has been discussed so many times on the forum, you are being mislead by the event viewer and are assuming that, just because you see Couatl crashed, it was the cause of your MSFS crash, but it's not.

The couatl engine, as an .EXE, doesn't have ANY access to the Flightsimulator.exe process, meaning it cannot possibly cause a crash. This is granted by the OS at the lowest level, and programs that don't attach to a process like debuggers ( and Couatl surely doesn't ) and/or are not lower level services or drivers, simply cannot crash other apps.

On the other hand, when Flight simulator crashes for any other reason, it will abruptly disconnect its communication with the Couatl program, which is waiting for a proper "quit" command ( which hasn't arrived, because the sim crashed ), to exit cleanly.

So, what really happened here, is that MSFS crashed for another completely unrelated reason, and it MADE Couatl crash too, because of the unexpected disconnection, and you are being mislead assuming Couatl has something to do with it, because you are seeing it referenced in the event viewer.

As discussed in this other post:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,29540.msg191735.html#msg191735

If you checked the timestamps of the Event, it's likely you'll see that Flightsimulator.exe crashed BEFORE Couatl64_MSFS.exe, which means it was the simulator that made GSX crash, not the other way around.

romoni

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2023, 09:12:48 am »
Ok - Thank You but how about those others problem I mentioned? Loading - Please wait and nothing happened? Loading screen flash and closed immeaditily? Pax boarding stop to 50% and not continue anymore? And now I found that as GSX works (randomly) passanger boarding works pretty fast but deboarding take a lot time if we compaere it earlier version of the GSX?

These odd things started after 2 GSX update ago here so I thing we can't in this case to blame just MSFS 2020 only or about what You think? Any way - nice addon as it works as it should be. Old goods day with FSX SE and GSX all works like charm but yes - old days everything was better...