Author Topic: Custom Pax Waypoints don't follow path  (Read 988 times)

artogsta

Custom Pax Waypoints don't follow path
« on: October 17, 2023, 09:22:19 pm »
Hi!

I have made scenery and now I want to add a GSX profile to the airport.
I only have three Jetways and are generating Custom Pax Waypoints for each gate.
The only problem is that on the last "leg" bording the A/C the passangers jump up in the air as if they were going some invisible stairs. (See photo)
I guess when making custom Pax waypoints the pax should follow the heights of those waypoints?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Custom Pax Waypoints don't follow path
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2023, 11:16:52 am »
A screenshot with the waypoint editor, showing the heights you set, would be useful-

artogsta

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2023, 07:21:33 pm »
I only have 4 points. See attachment.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2023, 03:06:19 pm »
Your screenshot (even the first one) shows that passengers are following your waypoints. The problem only happens when they go into the real jetway and it's likely because you haven't set a custom jetway root floor height, as explained in the manual, Page 72, the chapter named "Custom Jetway Floor heights"

When there's no custom jetway root floor height set in the airport profile, GSX will assume 4.60 mt, which is the height of the default jetway, so if your model is not of the same height, you must set a custom root in the airport profile for each different jetway model you use.

artogsta

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2023, 08:21:13 am »
Hi!

I did have the Floor Height defined, I realise that I had the jetway names defined wrong. It's working now.
Thanks!