Author Topic: pushback pitch now too low  (Read 751 times)

pinksunshine

pushback pitch now too low
« on: October 16, 2023, 08:50:58 pm »
I know pushback pitch being too high was a common complaint, and I'm glad that was addressed. Unfortunately, the "fix" now sinks the nose gear halfway through the ground and it's just as unpleasing. Are there plans to fix this or is this how it's going to be moving forward?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: pushback pitch now too low
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2023, 09:14:54 pm »
It doesn't seem you have the current update, because this has been fixed several days ago, a few hours after it was reported.

pinksunshine

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2023, 12:27:48 am »
I had version 2.8.0 when I created this thread, now getting 2.8.1.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2023, 11:24:43 am »
I had version 2.8.0 when I created this thread, now getting 2.8.1.

As explained so many times, seeing the version number doesn't mean much, other than you got the current version of the manifest.json of the package, that's it. Nothing ensures you have the very latest version of every file, which is why there's a "Check" button in the updater, to do exactly that.

And, since you might have network issues, even running a Check won't absolutely guaranteed you have the very latest version of all files, because your local Cloudflare node might still serve the previous version (they take from a few hours to few days to get all replicated across the network of 270+ servers), and you are always downloading from Cloudflare, not from our server directly.

That's why, if you are in this situation, we have the OFFLINE Installer, which is always updated whenever there's a change, and being offline, it won't be affected by network replication issues. The OFFLINE Installer download link is in its Sticky thread in this forum.

If you still have this issue after running a "Check" and even after downloading and installing the latest Offline installer, make a precise report of the airplane used.