Author Topic: Feedback on the 737/GSX integration  (Read 760 times)

MediumRareBaku

Feedback on the 737/GSX integration
« on: October 13, 2023, 10:26:53 pm »
First off, I really appreciate seeing this integration being worked on from the GSX side since PMDG has refused to do it on their end for years.

I was a bit disappointed in how the current state of it works, though. I was expecting it to load the number of passengers, amount of fuel, and amount of baggage into the PMDG FMC menus that will load those three things gradually and with the PMDG baggage carts/fuel truck, OR (and I have no reason to expect that this is possible, but thought maybe I was wrong and it turned out to be true), that the GSX baggage carts and fuel trucks would be used instead of the PMDG ones and still have the plane be loaded progressively.

Instead, GSX went the instant load route putting the weights and passenger counts into the Payload page. It then called the GSX fuel truck but was stuck in a loop of saying "please use your airplane fuel system to set the desired fuel quantity" when GSX had already set the fuel amount in the payload menu, and GSX also kept reopening the fuel menu in the FMS.

Would it be possible to either a) disable this integration (I was using a mix of PMDG and GSX services and mostly happy with that) or b) have the integration run like the Maddog does where GSX loads the passengers, bags, and fuel progressively?

Thanks again!

pilot3033

Re: Feedback on the 737/GSX integration
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2023, 01:38:42 am »
I don't think GSX can do progressive loading without PMDG doing work on their end. I believe GSX is doing what it does for the doors, which is manipulating the FMC itself by sending commands through the simulator. While it could, in theory, call PMDG services what would be the point? Part of the GSX product is the service vehicles.

I do agree that it should be configurable (load payload but not fuel, for example) or be able to be toggled on or off entirely.

MediumRareBaku

Re: Feedback on the 737/GSX integration
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2023, 04:35:54 am »
I don't think GSX can do progressive loading without PMDG doing work on their end. I believe GSX is doing what it does for the doors, which is manipulating the FMC itself by sending commands through the simulator. While it could, in theory, call PMDG services what would be the point? Part of the GSX product is the service vehicles.

I do agree that it should be configurable (load payload but not fuel, for example) or be able to be toggled on or off entirely.
My sense is that if GSX can click some buttons in the FMC, so to speak, that it can click them all -- thus, it should be feasible for GSX to load the PMDG progressively by GSX activating the PMDG services when you request boarding/refueling in the GSX menu as it can currently load your weights and amounts into the payload page and set them for you there. It wouldn't be 100% GSX integration but I think it'd be good functionality to fill the gap.