Author Topic: Ground clutter  (Read 1931 times)

RogePete

Ground clutter
« on: October 10, 2023, 10:03:09 pm »
Hi there,

short question: is there a way to get rid of GSX ground clutter at least at the own parking position so this doesn't happen?
(via profile or GSX settings?)

https://i.imgur.com/Cvjr2WB.jpeg

Best wishes
« Last Edit: October 12, 2023, 11:09:48 am by virtuali »

pete_auau

Re: Ground clutter
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2023, 08:46:11 am »
yes you can  you need  to  go  think it  gsx  settings  than  you  can  move  any of  the items  around   and  than  save  it   than  you need  to go back to  the  same  gate  though,  tkae  it  it  happens  at all  gates  or  this  particular  gate?

RogePete

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2023, 06:37:30 pm »
Thanks for your reply. But I'm not talking about the ground vehicles, you set via the profile. I talk about GSX generated clutter which is just standing around. Independend from any profile.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2023, 11:13:12 am »
I talk about GSX generated clutter which is just standing around.

And that's the issue: they are not generated by GSX, they are generated by the sim automatically and removed by GSX when you open its menu and activate a gate or start some service. They look like GSX objects, because GSX has replaced the default ground vehicles with its own, but they are for all intent and purposes, default ground vehicles. Which also means they are controlled by their slides in the Traffic settings.

RogePete

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2023, 01:39:00 pm »
Thanks for the answer.
That is interesting: I initialy thought it's GSX generated cause I did exit Couatl and it disappeared (talking mainly about the big pushbacker in the picture not the smaller one behind > the behind one is part of the profile). And it seems the GSX removal of MSFS ground clutter may not work all the time, cause I have this every now and then.

GSX (and the according gate for GSX) is already activated in the screenshot above. I took the picture after deboarding was completed. Just to show the situation.

Thinking about it right now, I would say, this mainly (only?) happens when arriving at an airport (not when spawning at one for departure). So there could be a problem for GSX to successfully remove clutter when arriving at an airport.
(just for your information: I activate GSX / choose a GSX gate right after leaving the runway after landing)

Best wishes
« Last Edit: October 12, 2023, 01:40:33 pm by RogePete »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2023, 01:44:15 pm »
I initially thought they're GSX generated cause I did exit Couatl and they disapppeared (talking mainly about the big pushbacker in the picture not the smaller one behind > the behind one is part of the profile). And it seems the GSX removal of MSFS ground clutter may not work all the time, cause I have this every now and then.

As I've said, since they look identical, it's not so easy to know which one is which but, basically:

- If they disappear when you exit Couatl, then yes, they are GSX-proper vehicles

- If they disappear when you call a GSX operation, they are default ground vehicles removed by GSX.

GSX removal of these will surely work, unless there's a scenery conflict that would result in the parking spot not being recognized.

RogePete

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2023, 03:28:23 pm »
If the parking spot is not recognized by GSX, it would say so, wouldn't it? At least there would be no marshaller (no working VDGS) and handling vehicles at the chosen spot. Which is not the case: deboarding works perfectly, even when 'clutter vehicles' are standing around.

I will have a closer look and always try to exit Couatl, when that happens, just to check for sure if it's GSX or MSFS clutter.

Another info: it happens not always at the same airport / parking spot. So if it is MSFS clutter, it could be a simconnect thing (means: sometimes GSX is able to remove MSFS clutter, sometimes not because of some simconnect issue). 

Best wishes

pete_auau

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2023, 02:38:31 am »
have you gone  to  the  installer  and  click settings  and  on  the  bottom  right hand  crner  there is  a option  for  extra  ground  clutter 

RogePete

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2023, 11:20:47 am »
Thanks. Yeah I did early on.

But if I understand it correctly, this is only 'extra clutter' for default airports (where GSX jetways are active) and not for addon airports (where GSX jetways are inactive). The behaviour described above happens on addon airports (actually I don't fly into default airports very often  :) )
« Last Edit: October 13, 2023, 11:23:02 am by RogePete »

RogePete

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2023, 02:11:40 pm »
Okay another example,

this is EKBI (Simnord). First shot is with GSX, second shot GSX off (exit). So it is MSFS ground clutter,  and it's not removed by GSX.

https://imgur.com/a/K8dMELZ

Best wishes