Author Topic: GSX not loading - Trial mode in Addon Manager even after activation  (Read 1087 times)

Sierraaero

Hello, Umberto. Hope you and your family are ok.

I'm having the exact same problem as described here: https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=23739.0

The program was working fine before I had to reinstall P3D. I had to run a Repair with the P3D setup. After that, I tried reinstalling GSX and the problem started.

I also use FSLabs products, but they were working flawlessly together before that repair.

When I open P3D v4.5 HF3 for the first time after registering and activating the program (GSX + GSX Level 2), it loads and everything works. However, if I close P3D and reopen it, doesn't matter how long after closing it, GSX menu vanishes, and in Addon Manager the products are both in TRIAL MODE.

In order to load it, I have to run Live Update everytime I want to run P3D. I use custom ground textures and they are replaced (obviously) after every update.

If I don't run live update, GSX doesn't appear in the menu and it shows as Trial in Addon Manager. if I open FSDT Installer, both products are activated.

I hope it's a simple solution cause it costed me around 10 reinstalls of GSX already, two complete reinstalls of P3D (yeah, I feel like an idi0t now) and  my entire holiday trying to fix it using every thread I could find in this forum that was remotely related to this problem.

Thank you in advance!

jeanlune

Re: GSX not loading - Trial mode in Addon Manager even after activation
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2023, 01:07:19 am »
Hi All, I4m having same issue than described here. I emailed to support@virtualisoftware yesterday but continued to investigate a bit

Been able to definitely found in windows application log the guilty one :

Nom de l’application défaillante Couatl64_P3D.exe, version : 4.8.0.5237, horodatage : 0x648457bf
Nom du module défaillant : ntdll.dll, version : 10.0.22621.2215, horodatage : 0x7a9f67f2
Code d’exception : 0xc0000374
Décalage d’erreur : 0x000000000010c319
ID du processus défaillant : 0x0x9EB8
Heure de début de l’application défaillante : 0x0x1D9FBCAE6F6170C
Chemin d’accès de l’application défaillante : C:\Prepar3D v5\Addon Manager\couatl64\Couatl64_P3D.exe
Chemin d’accès du module défaillant: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
ID de rapport : 789e408b-57af-4459-a31e-78b94dde19fa
Nom complet du package défaillant :
ID de l’application relative au package défaillant :

- Antivirus does exclude add on manager path
- no Firewall
- GSX (and level 2) installed from universal installer
- P3D process runnning as admin
- during setup there is an error on msi cab for vc 2005 (??) msi not found
- user is admin

Can't investigate furthermore, just here stuck like a sitting duck.
Any idea welcomed  ;D

jeanlune

Re: GSX not loading - Trial mode in Addon Manager even after activation
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2023, 02:45:39 pm »
So I reinstalled from scratch in another folder. Everything seems now working as intended.

Thx I finally figure it out with info on Forum