Author Topic: GSX window not opening after sim start (just quickly flashing open/close)  (Read 7091 times)

Murf

Re: GSX window not opening after sim start (just quickly flashing open/close)
« Reply #60 on: January 07, 2024, 02:56:34 pm »
I have the same issue....

I am no programmer, so most of what is in the log file might as well be in Martian!!  ;)

OK.... I posted this in November.... well over a month ago, and I STILL haven't heard anything back... All I want is some help to get it working properly. I would like to use it.

This is the 3rd time I am trying to get some help on this!!  :(

AGAIN... my log is attached.
Senior Master Sergent (retired)

airbumps

« Reply #61 on: January 08, 2024, 07:21:07 am »
Exited the simulator. I've attached the LOG file from. There was NO AI running so can't imagaine it was a sim objects issue and this is at FSDT's own KORD.

Your log doesn't show any errors, and it doesn't show you ever tried opening the menu, but it shows you closed the sim and GSX closed normally after normally receiving your close command so, according to the log, everything is normal.

Are you SURE your GSX is installed in the Addon Manager folder and only LINKED to the Community folder, and you haven't done things like moving the Community folder after installing GSX or manually copying GSX instead of Relinking? Maybe a while ago? Check the two GSX packages in the GSX Community folder: they must be Symbolic links, not real folders, which means they should show a small arrow on their icon.

If you don't have the arrows, it means they are real folders, remove them and then "Relink" with the FSDT Installer.

Hey mate - Addon Manager is installed and linked to the Community Folder. I haven't made any changes to my community folder or even opened MSFS_Addon Linker in weeks.

After the incident above I exited the SIM and went back in and it worked no problems.

Today, I just started the sim up, loaded into KMIA in the PMDG 737 and now getting the same flashing and disappearing menu. Makes no sense. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.

EDIT - Whilst sitting in the sim at KMIA, I've just manually closed COUATL from the menu tray, waited 10 seconds and then manually started it using the desktop icon and am now getting the menu up. It took about 10 seconds for the menu to bring up the options but the GSX menu is appearing again.

Still confused.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2024, 07:23:26 am by airbumps »

Murf

« Reply #62 on: January 09, 2024, 06:38:35 pm »
I have the same issue....

I am no programmer, so most of what is in the log file might as well be in Martian!!  ;)

OK.... I posted this in November.... well over a month ago, and I STILL haven't heard anything back... All I want is some help to get it working properly. I would like to use it.
This is the 3rd time I am trying to get some help on this!!  :(

AGAIN... my log is attached.

Would you believe it is all of a sudden working again???
Senior Master Sergent (retired)

KJHornaday

« Reply #63 on: January 14, 2024, 11:33:41 pm »
I have had the "flashing" issue off and on for months.  It comes and goes but appears to be consistent now.  Attached is what I think is the error file.

rsaberi

« Reply #64 on: January 15, 2024, 07:53:23 am »
Unfortunately this issue seems to be getting worse! After the latest round of release, sometimes at the destination airport, I have to restart the app several times until it works! Every time it tries to put the objects in the parking spot but then they disappear...

airbumps

« Reply #65 on: January 15, 2024, 02:01:47 pm »
Agreed.

Between this issue, and the other one I'm getting more and more frequently which is the GSX MAIN MENU LOADING spinning wheel... its getting a little annoying. I generally find that exiting COUTAL from the system tray and then re-running it from the desktop icon works...but its a pain in the arse.

rsaberi

« Reply #66 on: January 15, 2024, 10:11:58 pm »
Last night even that wasn't working for me! I had to restart it 3 times ...

micstatic

« Reply #67 on: January 16, 2024, 01:47:01 pm »
add me to the list of having the gsx window quickly flash open then close.  Any plane I choose and at any airport. 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #68 on: January 17, 2024, 12:04:18 pm »
I have had the "flashing" issue off and on for months.  It comes and goes but appears to be consistent now.  Attached is what I think is the error file.

Enable logging in the Troubleshooting section of the GSX Settings page, because the panic log is not detailed enough to know what is your issue. If you can't start GSX in any way, see the manual at Page 34, which explains how to enable logging when GSX can't even start.

Then, post your Couatl.LOG file (not the .err file) instead.

To everybody else saying "I have the same issue", we can't neither confirm you *really* have the "same" issue, nor we can help you, UNLESS you Attach the Couatl.LOG to your message.

disco79stu

« Reply #69 on: January 24, 2024, 07:57:44 am »
Still happening to me (again) after new PC, new OS, new Sim installation.
Only an issue when couatl starts through the exe.xml.
Switched back to FSUIPC autostart, no problemo.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #70 on: January 24, 2024, 11:09:21 am »
Switched back to FSUIPC autostart, no problem.

Have you possibly changed the properties for the Couatl64_msfs.exe to always run "As Admin" (not how we install by default) ? This is surely causing not to autostart, because the sim won't autostart something that runs with admin permissions.

disco79stu

« Reply #71 on: January 24, 2024, 01:04:07 pm »

Have you possibly changed the properties for the Couatl64_msfs.exe to always run "As Admin" (not how we install by default) ? This is surely causing not to autostart, because the sim won't autostart something that runs with admin permissions.

No, I haven't changed anything in this regard. Also worth to mention, I don't think it's acutally really "failing" to start through the exe.xml, it DOES start, couatl is indeed running in the sys-tray...  it's just not working properly in 5 out of 10 times (GSX window closes instantly when opening it, nothing will spawn/move, only manually restarting couatl solves it).

airbumps

« Reply #72 on: January 27, 2024, 02:31:19 am »

No, I haven't changed anything in this regard. Also worth to mention, I don't think it's acutally really "failing" to start through the exe.xml, it DOES start, couatl is indeed running in the sys-tray...  it's just not working properly in 5 out of 10 times (GSX window closes instantly when opening it, nothing will spawn/move, only manually restarting couatl solves it).

Same behavior for me. COUATL starts fine and runs in the system tray (not running as admin - never touched any GSX properties), its just that half the time the menu flashes and then disappears. Exiting COUATL from the system tray open and then running it from the desktop icon usually solves the problem. Interestingly though, if I don't EXIT COUATL from the system tray, but rather choose the RESTART option, it continues to not function.

romoni

« Reply #73 on: January 30, 2024, 01:28:42 pm »
Ok - lets try again. I start sim and select an airport and gate on the World Map and after that I push Fly button and wait as sim is loaded. Sometimes GSX Menu  appeares but mostly not. If not I must go back to Welcome screen and then to World Map to select the same airport and gate and after that GSX works as it should be.

I have MSFS 2020 Steam version, Windows 11. Community & Official folders are moved to C:\MSFS folder. Couatl is not set run as admin.

Here is log

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #74 on: January 31, 2024, 04:33:05 pm »
Here is log
+

Your log doesn't show any errors, it shows you enter the sim and exited. Or, the simulator just disconnected, which from GSX's point of view is exactly the same as you exited from the simulator.

If the sim is still running, but it disconnected, it might be caused by having reached the maximum Simobject limit, that's why you think GSX "randomly" works or not, because it's not as if you always exceed the limit but, if it happens, the whole Simconnect interface breaks apart and stops accepting commands.