Author Topic: GSX window not opening after sim start (just quickly flashing open/close)  (Read 7032 times)

Astarof

Re: GSX window not opening after sim start (just quickly flashing open/close)
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2023, 10:14:33 pm »
Hi,
I have the same problem. The GSX Window disappears immediatly. Even if I restart couatl.
Here is my err file.
Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2023, 10:17:48 am »
I have the same problem. The GSX Window disappears immediatly. Even if I restart couatl.

You posted an .ERR log dated Oct. 22nd so, if you enabled logging, the .ERR file is not used anymore, and the file used is the Couatl.LOG instead, so you should post that one, because from the .ERR file, I could see you were using an outdated version, but I can't see if it's still outdated now, without checking the file that is being used now.

Astarof

« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2023, 01:04:04 pm »
Thanks for your answer.
I got no .log file and I can't open gsx.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl

Astarof

« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2023, 02:55:23 pm »
Hi,
Here is the log file.

Thanks.

Escriba

« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2023, 04:13:55 pm »
The same issue here

Follows log file

« Last Edit: November 03, 2023, 04:21:25 pm by Escriba »

SN737

« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2023, 10:53:56 pm »
New rig, windows 11, msfs and gsx pro clean install. Same thing happening to me, we need a solution for this please.

SN737

« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2023, 11:58:48 pm »
rebooted pc and it worked

juancho

« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2023, 03:50:32 pm »
This is what fixes it for me every time.
%APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatl_MSFS.ini file  if it shows:

logFile=Couatl.log
useAirportCache=0

I just remove useAirportCache=0 then save and GSX works again.

I have to check the file every time before starting flightsim to make sure GSX works which is kind of annoying.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2023, 08:02:33 am »
This is what fixes it for me every time

The useAirportCache=0 line is not the problem, because this is how it's supposed to be, this is how it is by default, and it won't make any difference even if the line is not there in the first place.

I think the real issue that is making you *think* editing the file has fixed this for you, is the other line, the logfile line. Since there's no path, the log file will be created in the current working folder for the Couatl engine. But the current working folder might change if you have the Couatl engine started automatically by the sim (normal case) or if you start it manually, so it might be better to set a path for it, so it will never change.

However, since you not always need log, and the airportCache is disabled by default, you might just remove the Couatl_MSFS.INI file.

romoni

« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2023, 10:03:34 am »
And this Flashing/open/Close problem seems to continue day after day - weeks after weeks and no fix. I'm start to be very frusrated. Yestarday everything works like charm and today not although I tryed to start Couatl from my Taskbar many times. Flash and disappeared. Oddiest thing is GSX works very well many month after it's published. All updates what You provided to us works well, too buty now we are sunk into swamp of the some kind darkness.

I dont't see any sense to start and re-start sim all time that I can mayby get a some programs working. It's Your job to fix it. Mayby You are put a one bit's a little bit awry.

I tryed a clean intall GSX (as a few other person here, too) without help. I have not time to sit all day behind my screen and try GSX working.

Yestarday GSX works - nothing than day changed 5.11 to 6.11 Sunday to Monday and today no joy... >:(

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2023, 10:13:56 am »
And this Flashing/open/Close problem seems to continue day after day - weeks after weeks and no fix.

Of course, it doesn't happen here, and it doesn't happen to most users.

One user I helped on Discord who had this problem, made the mistake of manually copying the whole fsdreamteam-gsx packages to its Community folder, and this caused the issue, because the simulator used the manually copied folders, while the FSDT Updater and the GSX code only works on the Addon Manager copy, relying on the fact it's LINKED to the Community folder, which is how we install it.

As soon the user removed the manually copied folders he made, and RELINK in the FSDT Installer, the problem was fixed.

romoni

« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2023, 12:53:43 pm »
Yes - could be that but I'm not moving or copying anything anywhere. All packages are there where they always are been as I bought and installed GSX Pro August 2022. All works ok many month but after 2 or 3 updates ago the problems started and continue way as i told to You.

I use Addon Manager airports and Libraries only. GSX is it default folder and it's here since August 2022.

Well - I don't really understand about why someone is manually moved anything - what's the point?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2023, 01:08:02 pm »
Yes - could be that but I'm not moving or copying anything anywhere.

I just reported what happened to another user, and in that case, it was expected to cause that. I cannot possibly be sure if that's your case.

Well - I don't really understand about why someone is manually moved anything - what's the point?

A possible reason might be having the Community folder on an external USB drive not formatted in NTFS, which doesn't support Symbolic link so, the user might have decided to copy the folders there manually, to get around that limitation, which wouldn't work, since the GSX code expect all its files to be in the Addon Manager folder.

If that's not your case (but please, check *again* if your gsx packages in the Community folder are real folders or Shortcuts. They *must* be Shortcuts ), please provide your log according to these instructions:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26924.0.html

romoni

« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2023, 06:41:24 pm »
Community folder is fsdreamteam-gsx-pro Shortcuts.

Here is 2  zip.file -> Coutatl + exe