Author Topic: GSX window not opening after sim start (just quickly flashing open/close)  (Read 7033 times)

atco

Re: GSX window not opening after sim start (just quickly flashing open/close)
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2023, 11:12:23 pm »
Where are the log files located?

C:\Users\youruser\AppData\Roaming\virtuali

Thank You, but I have no no log files in that folder. Is there an option that has to be set in GSX first?

disco79stu

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2023, 10:04:49 am »
Yes, of course.
Please take a look in the manual or at least in the settings‘ troubleshooting tab, it‘s all well described and layed out for you.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2023, 11:11:33 am »
Again, your log only shows for some reason the program got stuck while receiving Navdata which, again, I can't reproduce.

This issue might be caused by either:

- Too much traffic over Simconnect, so the request we are getting got stuck because the sim was spammed by too many add-ons requesting data.

- Having exceeded the maximum Simobject limit, which cause Simconnect to break and not returning data anymore.

Also, I noticed something strange in your log, which is the atc_id of the airplane in the airplane.cfg file:

ATC_ID read from aircraft.cfg is _

That is, is not missing, but is set to a value that is clearly wrong, as it was intentionally set like this. Before in the log, the ATC ID is like this:

ATC_ID read from Simconnect is D-HYAJ

The problem is, in a recent update, we read the ATC ID from both sources, giving preference to the aircraft.cfg file, because the ATC ID in the Configuration tab of the airplane selection menu will be the one reported by Simconnect so, if we need to find an airframe-specific GSX CFG file or recognize the airplane variant (for example in the PMDG integration), we need to know the "real" atc_id of the airframe, the one that doesn't change.

But in your case, it seems you changed it to the underscore ( _ ) character, which is not required, since the one in the airplane selection page will take precedence, but this way you are confusing GSX.

This shouldn't have any effect on your problem, which is clearly something external to GSX and affecting Simconnect at large but, it will prevent the ability to recognize your airframe.

disco79stu

« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2023, 12:52:13 pm »
hm, that is strange. I never manually modified anything in this regard, at least not that I know of. I do have some configs in the Airplanes folder for my LH-fleet so they use ULDs, but other than that I can't recall modifying anything with an editor.
D-HYAJ is a helicopter I sometimes fly (HPG H145) but I don't use GSX in those cases.
Usually, I only fly the Fenix, no other Airliner.

Is there something you would suggest to "reset" this?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2023, 12:59:35 pm »

I think the problem is in this extra livery:

FNX320_VOLOTEAECNOS

Which seems to have set that strange atc_id for some reason. Variation liveries should always include some atc_id, so their airframe could be detected.

disco79stu

« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2023, 06:42:25 pm »

I think the problem is in this extra livery:

FNX320_VOLOTEAECNOS

Which seems to have set that strange atc_id for some reason. Variation liveries should always include some atc_id, so their airframe could be detected.

okay, thanks, I'll pass this on to the creator(s) of those liveries (VA-internal) as it seems to be the case for all of their liveries.

disco79stu

« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2023, 11:39:18 pm »
so I corrected the aircraft.cfg and created a new log.
happened again @LEPA just now.
please see another fresh log attached.

disco79stu

« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2023, 11:44:10 pm »
... and here's a log from when I then restart Couatl (thus making GSX work perfectly normal again). maybe this helps, idk.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2023, 03:00:34 pm »
Again, your log only shows for some reason the program got stuck while receiving Navdata which, again, I can't reproduce.

disco79stu

« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2023, 09:07:18 pm »

ok. thanks for taking a look at it.
I removed it from exe.xml and let it start via fsuipc, which doesn't produce the error.

Michael_B767_ATP

« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2023, 12:47:14 am »
Hi,

I'm now getting the same issue on my end. Open up the menu and it immediately closes.

Looking to see if this is a one time fluke.

UPDATE: A reload of MS2020 has corrected the issue.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2023, 01:03:53 am by Michael_B767_ATP »

danhenri

« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2023, 12:01:32 pm »
Hello,

Same issue for me after installing the last update. I have to restart couatl manually. I used before to start MSFS and couatl in administrator mode, but the issue is still there, being this mode unabled or not.
I noticed that this issue occurs mainly when the PMDG 737 is launched first. And that GSX is correctly launched after I come back to the main menu and select another aircraft like the Fenix.
So, something has changed since the last update (I'm not saying that GSX is the main culprit...), as some users are reporting here. Btw, il's not a great deal having to restart couatl manually.

Daniel.

CrystalFrontier

« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2023, 01:10:50 pm »
In my case, it depends on which aircraft I'm in. It works fine for Fenix and FBW A320ies but Horizon/LatinVFR A319 has the above mentioned issue. The error message reads:

Using aircraft data from aircraft.cfg file
Airframe-specific GSX.CFG file for N822UA not found in C:\FS20\Community\zLVFR-A319-FBW-Compatibility\SimObjects\Airplanes\A319ceoIAE, using a default GSX.CFG file
Airframe-specific GSX.CFG file for N822UA not found in C:\Users\...\AppData\Roaming\Virtuali/Airplanes\A319ceoIAE, using a default GSX.CFG file

and then loads a really long list of airports (I parked in KPHL).

What's the issue with the default GSX.CFG file? Are there specific a/c cfg files required for GSX?
Thanks,
chris

disco79stu

« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2023, 02:31:47 pm »
In my case it's only with the Fenix and I don't get any cfg errors in the log, just stops loading the data.

Again, when I let Couatl autostart through fsuipc, not the exe.xml, I don't get the issue at all.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2023, 02:42:08 pm »
In my case, it depends on which aircraft I'm in. It works fine for Fenix and FBW A320ies but Horizon/LatinVFR A319 has the above mentioned issue. The error message reads

What makes you think that is an error message?

It's just reporting that, since you haven't made an airframe-specific airplane profile, it will use the default one, that's it. It is what it will say in most of the cases, and it's there just to provide some help in case you TRIED to create an airframe-specific profile, but for some reason it doesn't seem to work, so those lines are there to help you if it recognized the file.

Don't try to interpret the log and, instead, always provide the actual file (ZIPPED and ATTACHED to a post), so we can check it.