Author Topic: Only default jetways  (Read 435 times)

Jurgen

Only default jetways
« on: February 03, 2024, 08:58:47 pm »
Hey hi,

I have the following issue.

After reinstalling GSX pro, I keep having default jetways. Even after discluding in the config screen.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the airport, no joy. I completly uninstalled GSX Pro again, even in registry and hidden folders. Reinstalled it and it remains default jetways. I'm out of ideas for the moment.

I fly the Pmdg 737 series, at my home airport of Brussels.

So my 3th party airport is Aerosoft Mega Airport Brussels.

Can please someone help me with this issue ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Only default jetways
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2024, 12:37:12 pm »
It would be better if you clarified what you mean by "default jetways": default Asobo models, GSX jetway replacement for default airports, or the jetways that came with a 3rd party scenery?

This is what you are supposed to see, with GSX installed, on a 3rd party airport like Aerosoft Brussels:

- The custom jetways that come with the scenery, if you used GSX correctly.  Which means checking if EBBR is in the Disabled list, which GSX does automatically when is installed or it's updated, but if you install the 3rd party scenery after GSX, you must do it manually, with the "Exclude 3rd party" button in the GSX Config page. This is the CORRECT situation, because you are not supposed to use GSX Replacement jetways on 3rd party airport.

- The GSX replacement jetway. This is WRONG, and it's surely fixed by using the GSX Config page as explained. You can't use GSX Replacement jetways on a 3rd party airport, that's not an option.

That's why I asked what do you mean with "default jetways" because, unless you mean something else, I can't see how it's possible you would see DEFAULT (the Asobo model) jetways on a scenery that surely come with its custom models so, in the worst case, you should have seen GSX jetways instead, not Asobo jetways.

Jurgen

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2024, 01:29:51 pm »
Hey,

Sorry that I wasn't maybe as clear as I've should've been.

Before I had Brussels airport installed, the jetways were in glass. No messages from GSX like " this gate has a default jetway.

I installed Brussels Airport, excluded the 3rth party in the config screen as needed. Started up my sim and the jetways were in metal and I keep getting the message ' this gate has a default jetway.

Did I do anything wrong in the setup from Gsx ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2024, 04:27:13 pm »
Before I had Brussels airport installed, the jetways were in glass. No messages from GSX like " this gate has a default jetway.

Yes, you also had the message from GSX it has a default jetway because, in MSFS ALL jetways are default.

That message would change only with FSX/P3D if the jetway is SODE so, it might change in the future if we'll have an alternate Jetway animation system available but, for the time being, GSX in MSFS will always say a jetway is default, because all jetways in MSFS use the default animation system.

You just haven't noticed the message. And yes, if the jetways were glass and since you didn't have the Aerosoft Brussel installed, they were surely the GSX replacement jetways, which was the correct situation in that case. And the Asobo models are not glass.

I installed Brussels Airport, excluded the 3rth party in the config screen as needed. Started up my sim and the jetways were in metal

This just can't happen, and doesn't have anything to do with GSX because, even if you forgot to Disable the scenery from GSX, you should have seen the GSX jetways, which at EBBR ARE in Glass.

Also, according to the screenshots I see on Aerosoft site, EBBR should come with its own custom Jetways, which are in glass as well so, if you correctly disabled GSX replacement jetways, you should see the Aerosoft glass Jetways instead of the GSX glass jetways, which would be the correct situation in this case.

So, it SEEMS you are now seeing the Asobo jetways, but I can't be sure of that, because you haven't posted a screenshot, you just said they are metal.

The only thing you can be sure of, all GSX jetways at EBBR are glass so, Disabled or not, if you see metal Jetways at EBBR, it's completely unrelated to GSX and, assuming there are no Metal jetways on Aerosoft EBBR, it seems you might have another conflicting scenery, perhaps a freeware scenery for EBBR you haven't removed, for example.

Jurgen

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2024, 05:57:09 pm »
Hey Umberto,

I will send you a screenshot of my jetways being metal again.

I think I did everything like I should. I added 2 screenshots. Maybe these will help you a bit more.

And also, there is no sound from the jetways. And no passengers walking the jetway.
No other addons are installed for Brussels Airport.

I rechecked my Community folder for any issue or conflicting scenery. Nothing found out of the ordernary.

Ok yes, liveries for planes. But I don't think that this can be an issue.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2024, 07:17:52 pm »
I will send you a screenshot of my jetways being metal again.

That's a custom Jetway that looks correct for the scenery so, clearly, it seems Aerosoft EBBR has some glass jetways and some metal jetways so, all its working as it should.