Author Topic: GSX window not opening after sim start (just quickly flashing open/close)  (Read 7030 times)

disco79stu

Since the latest update (and I ran the updater several times now) on sim start GSX won't work and when I try to open the window it just briefly flashes and won't stay open (see video).

Restarting Couatl takes care of this issue, GSX then runs fine. But it doesn't start quite right...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ub_DbEbcLbI

Edit: log attached. seems to just stop while adding facilities (whatever that is)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2023, 09:24:22 pm by disco79stu »

disco79stu

Solved it by reordering apps in the exe.xml, moving couatl to the lowest spot.

disco79stu

Belay that, the issue is back. Can‘t make sense of it tbh.
Will try to switch back to fsuip based autostart.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
From the log which ends while it was getting Navdata data from the sim, it's possible that the sim took more than usual to reply, and if you open the menu while it's still getting the data, it won't work.

Either wait a bit more before opening the menu (and exit a session with the GSX Toolbar icon Inactive), or disable all other add-ons that have modules in the exe.xml  (this is obviously for troubleshooting reasons), because one of them might be causing this and fact you seemed to have noticed a difference when changing the loading order, seems to confirm this.

disco79stu

From the log which ends while it was getting Navdata data from the sim, it's possible that the sim took more than usual to reply, and if you open the menu while it's still getting the data, it won't work.

Either wait a bit more before opening the menu (and exit a session with the GSX Toolbar icon Inactive), or disable all other add-ons that have modules in the exe.xml  (this is obviously for troubleshooting reasons), because one of them might be causing this and fact you seemed to have noticed a difference when changing the loading order, seems to confirm this.

okay, thanks. I will try to play around with add ons, only strange thing is that it never was an issue before. and waiting didn't solve it either (I waited over 2min),  plus I use fenix2gsx which usually responds quite quickly and do its thing. but it's not anymore, since GSX somehow doesn't start properly. so it use to work, now it doesn't. but I will keep troubleshooting. cheers.

disco79stu

It's all the same with all other add ons removed.
Log stops at

Facility add LFVX LFVX

Sim was shut down with GSX taskbar icon inactive.

tombills

I have exactly the same problem, only in the last few days. Uninstalled and downloaded everything again for a fresh install, problem is still there.  Can restart the couatl and it works for departure, but on arrival at destination I get more error messages about the script causing it to run slow so end up restarting again.  Have upgraded to 2.8.0 today and problem is still there.

Hajatc

Also the Same

vanislepilot

Same problem for me as well.

disco79stu

Still having the issue.
Log appears stuck at a random airport while "adding facilities" each time (right now for example "Facility add EKRN Bornholm").

atco

Re: GSX window not opening after sim start (just quickly flashing open/close)
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2023, 01:00:07 am »
Just wanted to note I am also having this same problem. Just started recently, have had no issues with GXS previously.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2023, 11:42:56 am »
Other than confirm I can't reproduce the problem in any way, it's always best to provide a log.

atco

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2023, 11:07:05 pm »
Where are the log files located?

disco79stu

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2023, 10:48:02 pm »
Other than confirm I can't reproduce the problem in any way, it's always best to provide a log.

Here's another log, just happened again.

disco79stu

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2023, 10:48:51 pm »
Where are the log files located?

C:\Users\youruser\AppData\Roaming\virtuali