Author Topic: SELECTION OF PUSHBACK TYPE : TOWBARLESS & TOWBAR  (Read 658 times)

quentcor

SELECTION OF PUSHBACK TYPE : TOWBARLESS & TOWBAR
« on: October 09, 2023, 09:06:32 am »
Good day Umberto,
I would like to make a suggestion following the latest changes for setting the pushback type in the GSX airport Customization screen. I don't know how other users are finding the change, but it does not appear to work consistently and the towbarless vehicle seems to remain the default, appearing frequently despite setting the option to the towbar type.
Manipulating the aircraft weight in the pushback vehicle sim.cfg  to exclude it appears to have better results, although even this method for preventing the towbarless vehicle from appearing and instead selecting a towbar type does not always work and the towbarless type appears quite frequently regardless.
I don't know how the latest method for selecting the pushback vehicle has been programmed, it is complex enough goodness knows, but would it be a major problem to prevent Coutl from stopping and generating an error report, if an unwanted pushback vehicle is simply removed from the PBR folder? Alternatively, would it be possible to remove the default status of the towbarless vehicle, so that it is not selected as first choice?
My own preference would be to simply remove the unwanted vehicle from the PBR folder without GSX stopping. I realize this removal would require repeating every time one runs live update, but it seems to be the lesser of a number of possible  of 'evils'.
Your help will be much appreciated.
Regards.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: SELECTION OF PUSHBACK TYPE : TOWBARLESS & TOWBAR
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2023, 12:36:31 pm »
it does not appear to work consistently and the towbarless vehicle seems to remain the default, appearing frequently despite setting the option to the towbar type.

It's not possible to say anything about this, without any information provided, like which airplane you used, exactly, and what its weight was. Because the Towbar/Towbarless preference it's just a preference, it's not as if it would ignore or bypass all the other constraints so, if you could make a proper example, INCLUDING the parking you were at and its radius, it would help me understanding if there is in fact a problem with the constraints set, or it's working as expected.

Manipulating the aircraft weight in the pushback vehicle sim.cfg  to exclude it appears to have better results

Before doing any report or test, UNDO all changes you might have made to the vehicles, I cannot make any comment or verify something with anything other than the stock unmodified files.