Author Topic: No suitable parkings  (Read 658 times)

breenild

No suitable parkings
« on: September 25, 2023, 02:19:39 pm »
I often land with my A320/737 on smaller airports, which IRL maybe have no traffic of this size. Smaller regional airports for example (SKMR) where I also have no handmade scenery for.

And then GSX tells me, there are 0 suitable parkings and declines to deboard my passengers.
Even the "ignore wingspan" config checkbox does not help.

I would like to have a config switch, where GSX completely INGORES wether I am on a suitable parking position and simply board/deboard my passengers right where my plane stands.

Of course it then can only use stairs and no jetways. And in that case we do not have fixed positions for groundcrew and vehicles, but positions relative to the aircraft position.

I would really apreciate to have that option!
« Last Edit: September 25, 2023, 02:33:33 pm by breenild »

kingnorris

Re: No suitable parkings
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2023, 05:40:34 pm »
I just park myself and don’t request a spot from GSX.

I still get the “this parking is too small” comment, but I’m still able to perform all the features.

pete_auau

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2023, 09:38:50 am »
i   usually  customize  all   airports  gates  that i  visit  and   than  always  go  to  the  same  gate  next  time,  only  takes  a few  minutes   to set  up

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2023, 03:52:39 pm »
I would like to have a config switch, where GSX completely INGORES wether I am on a suitable parking position and simply board/deboard my passengers right where my plane stands.

GSX Manual, Page 30:

Ignore Wingspan when parking

This option will disable the “Parking Too Small” warning. Note that, with this version, GSX will always allow to use a parking, even if it says it’s too small but, with this option, you can also disable the warning.