Author Topic: Feature Request - Parking Rename  (Read 755 times)

downscc

Feature Request - Parking Rename
« on: September 17, 2023, 07:18:25 pm »
I miss this feature that we had in the P3D version of GSX where user could change the name used by GSX for a parking space.

This feature is very useful at default airports that have parking spaces incorrectly numbered sequentially.  I bring it up now because my home base KCRP was just release by Orbx and the developer correctly labeled GATE 2 in the scenery but his airport container identifies it as RAMP 0.  LOL drives me crazy because it is the primary gate used by SWA here.

Thanks, it would be a nice to have feature.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Feature Request - Parking Rename
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2023, 08:25:10 pm »
Already possible since version 2.6.4 using Python-based customization, already many profiles has been updated to use it.

Page 93 of the GSX Manual, the chapter named "Advanced Airport Customization using Python"

downscc

Re: Feature Request - Parking Rename
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2023, 05:11:08 pm »
Almost perfect.  I had in mind a renaming feature in the UI during run time but this works.  Looks like something I ought to be able to use for my very basic needs.  Thanks.

UPDATE:  The trick for this first time python user was interpreting the Asobo SDK when the parking category is RAMP but the enumeration is 0:NONE.  It took a couple of iterations to rename RAMP 0 to it's proper name GATE 2:

msfs_mode = 1

parkings = {
    0 : {
        None : (CustomizedName("Gate|Gate 2"), ),
    }
}

Don't know if it's the best python format but it's working now.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2023, 06:34:11 pm by downscc »