Author Topic: GSX not working  (Read 2001 times)

bobbywhite

GSX not working
« on: September 25, 2023, 03:30:17 am »
GSX won't show up, I've uninstalled and re-installed.  Tried starting Couatl for GSX manually.  Nothing

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX not working
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2023, 10:54:44 am »
The Sticky thread aptly named "How to report a problem":

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26759.0.html

bobbywhite

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2023, 02:03:51 am »
Is this what you need?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2023, 04:55:08 pm »
Are you using lots of AI or many add-ons that use Simconnect in general ? From the look of the error in your log, it seems the simulator just stopped replying for more than a minute to our request made through Simconnect, which is of course not normal.

bobbywhite

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2023, 06:53:50 pm »
This all started when my MSFS was crashing all the time.  When I contacted MSFS, they suggested I delete FSuip7, GSX and some of my my Alienware software, as it was showing a conflict with MSFS.  Come to find out, it was my Alienware software causing the conflict, but I had already deleted some programs, including GSX.  Prior to this, GSX was working perfectly.  I reinstalled everything back. The only AI program I have is FSLTL.  As for simconnect, I just have FlyByWire A320.  When I start up MSFS,  I don't get any error message, its that the GSX icon does not appear in the MSFS toolbar, which means I can't get the GSX to work.  I tried starting the Coualt64, but nothing. 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2023, 05:51:27 pm »
When I start up MSFS,  I don't get any error message, its that the GSX icon does not appear in the MSFS toolbar, which means I can't get the GSX to work.  I tried starting the Coualt64, but nothing.

That's because Couatl is not the problem. Your problem is quite unique and never heard before (even if it's *effect* it's AS IF couatl didn't started), it's the FSDT WASM module that "timed out", which means it tried to talk with the simulator, but didn't got any reply for more than a minute, which is something completely out of the ordinary, like a failure in the installation of the sim itself.

Is your MSFS from the MS Store or Steam ?

bobbywhite

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2023, 04:48:10 am »
Steam version

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2023, 12:32:38 pm »
Steam version

Try this:

- Remove this folder:

%APPDATA%\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\fsdreamteam-gsx-pro

- Download and install the 2.7.7 BETA here:

https://app.box.com/s/ce1n1mp3kty9x2ae84psjn90nxu0mui9

bobbywhite

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2023, 09:00:56 pm »
Well, the funny thing is I tried to delete the %APPDATA%\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\fsdreamteam-gsx-pro file, but when I do a search for it,  its telling me no results found, also when I click on the tab to download the betas version 2.7.7, I get this message; "this shared file or folder link has been removed or is unavailable to you".

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2023, 11:06:50 pm »
I tried to delete the %APPDATA%\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\fsdreamteam-gsx-pro file, but when I do a search for it,  its telling me no results found

Well, it means you haven't just tried removing it, you must have succeeded doing that.

when I click on the tab to download the betas version 2.7.7, I get this message; "this shared file or folder link has been removed or is unavailable to you

That's also normal. Since today we released 2.7.7 officially, so there's no need for the Beta installer anymore, so it has been intentionally removed to prevent something being stuck with the beta.

bobbywhite

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2023, 01:36:36 am »
Just tried the 2.7.7 version.  Still nothing.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2023, 01:53:54 am »
Just tried the 2.7.7 version.  Still nothing.

If with "nothing", you don't really mean "nothing" but, instead, you mean you are still getting the same WASM timeout error, since as you can see not even a single user reported this in a very long while, it's clear your problem doesn't have anything to do with GSX and it must be a problem with your MSFS installation.

I'm afraid I already told you how to do the only thing that might possibly have anything to do with it ( removing the WASM cache folder ), which wasn't entirely clear if you never had this folder to begin with, or you removed it but, in both cases, if you don't have it, a new one should be created on the next MSFS restart, containing a a .DLL which is compiled on startup by the sim automatically, from the WASM intermediate code in the GSX packaged.

So, even if you removed it, you should have it on a new startup of the sim. If you still don't, assuming you look into the folder I said you should, then it's something really serious, since the simulator MUST always be able to recompile WASM modules and place their compiled .DLL there, otherwise nothing using WASM will basically works.

bobbywhite

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2023, 04:02:28 pm »
I have to apologize, I'm not that savvy on the computer like most of your customers, however, you keep referring to error messages.  I'm not getting any error messages.  Like I said before, when I'm in the cockpit, I'm not getting the GSX app to appear in the tool box heading.  Usually the GSX app would open automatically, if not, I could scroll at the top of the page onto the tool bar and the app would appear along with the other apps.  I did exactly what you told me to do.  There is no folder named "wasm cache folder", there are several wasm folders all stating "date last modified" the latest being 2/17/23.  As far as WASM working, I have the FBW A320NX and it works perfectly, so, I'm assuming the WASM modules are working.

Again, my computer skills are limited

Thanks for your time

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2023, 06:09:51 pm »
There is no folder named "wasm cache folder"

Nowhere I said you must look for a folder named like that, that was just my description (after I told you exactly the folder name) to explain what it is. The folder I told you to delete is this one:

%APPDATA%\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\fsdreamteam-gsx-pro

bobbywhite

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2023, 04:53:57 am »
Yes like I said, I did everything you told me to do.  As far as the description goes for the Wasm cache folder, my bad.  Like I said, my computer skills are limited.  That being said, its obvious that  I'm not going to be able to get this working, so, my next step would be to just delete it. 

Thanks for your help and time.