Author Topic: Pushback sequence regarding online flying (VATSIM)  (Read 1147 times)

Darewell

Pushback sequence regarding online flying (VATSIM)
« on: September 15, 2023, 04:53:55 pm »
Hello Umberto.

First of all thank you for what you have done with GSX. I have been using it everyday since initial launch. Couldn’t imagine MSFS without it.

I always fly the 737 and was always getting the towbar tug. With this one, just after choosing the direction I was immediately asked to release the parking break. So I was able to push immediately after receiving pushback instructions by ATC.

I guess you recently added a new towbar-less tug which works with the 737 (the TPX 200?). It’s great but wouldn’t it be possible to have the aircraft be lifted before selecting the desired pushback? Because after choosing the pushback we have to wait for about 30s before releasing the parking break. It adds some delay that ATC may not appreciate during busy events.

Of course we could try to guess the correct pushback (not difficult 99% of the time) but we then have to listen to the “release parking brake” until ATC clears us. And if we did a bad guess changing the pushback direction is… complicated.

Thanks.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: Pushback sequence regarding online flying (VATSIM)
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2023, 09:03:37 pm »
Two things. First, I can't comment on whether the towbarless tug is new for the 737, but it certainly isn't new to GSX. Second, if you go into the GSX settings, under timings, you'll see a setting that reads "Inverval between "Waiting for your action" messages." By default, it's 10 seconds. You can increase that to 60 seconds or so, so you don't have to keep listening to the "release parking brakes."
Captain Kevin

Darewell

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2023, 02:40:05 pm »
Read the changelog, the TPX200 was added recently.

The existent towbarless tug was not used with the 737.

The setting you are talking about doesn't help with the fact we have to wait for the aircraft to be lifted, after choosing the desired push.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 02:45:32 pm by Darewell »

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2023, 06:00:04 am »
Read the changelog, the TPX200 was added recently.
I'm aware of that. What I wasn't aware of was if that was the only towbarless tug that exists.
The existent towbarless tug was not used with the 737.
I wasn't aware of that.
The setting you are talking about doesn't help with the fact we have to wait for the aircraft to be lifted, after choosing the desired push.
It doesn't, nor did I say it was going to. At the very least, you wouldn't have to continuously hear "Release parking brakes" every 10 seconds, which was what I said it was going to do. I'm not part of the development team, so there's nothing I can do with regards to waiting for the aircraft to be lifted. I will say that this is also an issue in GSX for P3D.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2023, 09:09:53 pm »
I guess you recently added a new towbar-less tug which works with the 737 (the TPX 200?). It’s great but wouldn’t it be possible to have the aircraft be lifted before selecting the desired pushback? Because after choosing the pushback we have to wait for about 30s before releasing the parking break. It adds some delay that ATC may not appreciate during busy events.

Alright, we can think about it but, what I find strange is that we always had a towbarless vehicle in GSX for years, even if the TPX was used on 737s only in FSX/P3D, since we just added it in MSFS and, apart for the 737 ( where in MSFS was explicitly disabled, because the existing Douglas tug had a cabin too high for a 737) , a towbarless tug has be always been available in MSFS, for example on A320s and everything larger, but in fact nobody reported this being a problem with human controllers.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2023, 09:31:04 pm »

Alright, we can think about it but, what I find strange is that we always had a towbarless vehicle in GSX for years, even if the TPX was used on 737s only in FSX/P3D, since we just added it in MSFS and, apart for the 737 ( where in MSFS was explicitly disabled, because the existing Douglas tug had a cabin too high for a 737) , a towbarless tug has be always been available in MSFS, for example on A320s and everything larger, but in fact nobody reported this being a problem with human controllers.
Umberto, just to be clear, this was an issue that was raised back in January, but no response from anybody from FSDreamteam on it. This was when I determined that the towbarless tug sequence was what took a while. The videos themselves aren't there anymore since I removed them, but you can see the discussion that took place then.

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,29064.msg189128.html
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2023, 11:42:33 am »
I never noticed that thread. We'll look into that and will consider what has been asked.