Author Topic: Pushback editor  (Read 717 times)

RogePete

Pushback editor
« on: September 19, 2023, 09:33:52 am »
Hi there,

first: thanks for the fix.

And a short notice: since the latest update (2.7.5), the pushback editor acts a bit strange from time to time. Sometimes (not always) you open the editor, and everything is like you can edit the pushback now, but the big green plane symbol isn't there and you're not able to get out of the pushback editor by hitting ENTER. The only way out of this is to restart couatl.

I would say it happens more likely, if you're working on a whole airport and open and close the editors (parking customizer, walkway customizer, pushback customizer) often.

Best wishes

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Pushback editor
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2023, 12:52:45 pm »
Nothing has changed in the Pushback editor in a long while.

Like anything in GSX, which relies completely on Simconnect, the Pushback editor can be affected by Simconnect not being responsive, due to either too many apps making too many connections to it, or the dreaded maximum number of Simobjects in the sim being reached.

RogePete

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2023, 12:11:43 pm »
Thx for you reply. I did a profile with a very small airport (not many objects, traffic off). Regarding simconnect I had FSUIPC running, that's it. Always have FSUIPC running for some buttons and switches to connect. It just didn't happen to me before 2.7.5 / 2.7.4, so I wanted to inform you. Not a big problem. You just have to restart couatl from time to time.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2023, 12:17:38 pm »
Always have FSUIPC running for some buttons and switches to connect. It just didn't happen to me before 2.7.5 / 2.7.4, so I wanted to inform you.

We have a couple of users reporting FSUIPC can possibly cause these issues, because of the large number of connections it does constantly, and disabling it fixed the issue.

As I've said, nothing has changed on our side in any of the editors in a long time, far before 2.7.4.