Author Topic: New update considerations  (Read 688 times)

arpal

New update considerations
« on: September 16, 2023, 07:59:52 am »
Hello to all
To be honest,  the new parking customization for boarding/deboarding has messed things up a little, because  walk in airport gates that are set through custom gsx profiles are now by default deboarding by bus (or boarding, i don't recall correctly as the simulator is not loaded now).  This means that i have to go to all walk in airports and set them again (or wait for updated profile files).  Or i am missing something here, please advise if that is the case
To add to that i do not find this to be realistic and immersive, because in real life deboarding and boarding can be done with both ways according to the company's needs and to where the plane is coming from, or where it is going to.  For example, in European airports you can deboard walk in and board by bus if you are coming from a European country and goint o a non one or vice versa(walk in- no passport, bus-passport control)
It is my humble opinion that this is the customization that you should implement, that is to choose between walk and bus at all walk in gates
Regards,
Aristomenis
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 08:22:19 am by arpal »

RogePete

Re: New update considerations
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2023, 09:36:17 pm »
Yepp, can confirm on my profiles with walk-ins. Bus for all in my case. Boarding and deboarding. And it is not possible to change it via the GSX editor. Cause hitting "Apply" has no effect / doesn't change the profile. Have to do it in the cfg itself by hand, then it works. I hope for a patch from FSDT cause this situation bugs many custom profiles.

Edit: actually I can't change anything in existing profiles right now (via the editor).

Edit II: ...and the guy with the clipboard has quit his job (deboarding, walk in)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2023, 07:36:19 am by RogePete »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: New update considerations
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2023, 09:10:30 pm »
Fixed in today's 2.7.5 update.