Author Topic: GSX has been disabled by User settings  (Read 1571 times)

Majus

GSX has been disabled by User settings
« on: September 07, 2023, 04:28:43 pm »
Hi there!

I purchased GSX for MSFS a few days ago and I have been desperatly trying to fix the Issue. When I load up a flight and try to open the GSX Tab on my MSFS Tool-Bar, I get the following Message "GSX has been disabled by User settings". Then an Error-Window opens from the couatl wich says:

14:48:22: can't open file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager/texture\thumbnails\handling\default_gsx.png' (error 0: der Vorgang wurde erfolgreich beendet.)
14:48:22: Failed to load image from file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager/texture\thumbnails\handling\default_gsx.png".

.I have absoluetly no clue what the issue is. I would be really thankful for your help. (Sorry for my bad English, im from Germany)

Best Regards

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX has been disabled by User settings
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2023, 03:30:47 pm »
Something is wrong with your installation, most likely related to internet connection, because you are missing a file that is surely included in the latest version and it's surely downloaded when doing a normal installation, which automatically perform a Live Update to the latest version as the last step.

- Configure the antivirus to add the whole Addon Manager folder to the EXCLUSIONS

- Run the FSDT Installer again, and choose Update

- If that doesn't work, try the Offline installer instead.

- If that still doesn't work:

1) Uninstall the FSDT Universal Installer from the Windows Control Panel.

2) Download the current version from our site of the Universal Installer, and reinstall it again.

3) If that doesn't work, restart Windows and try again.