Author Topic: version 2.7.2 Catering png not found  (Read 1007 times)

CaptainFry

version 2.7.2 Catering png not found
« on: September 08, 2023, 03:45:37 pm »
It seems like FSDT is having quality control issues as this is the SECOND time in two updates this has happened

SN737

Re: version 2.7.2 Catering png not found
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2023, 01:22:37 am »
look at this link, Umberto's solution worked for me.
https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,30367.0.html

CaptainFry

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2023, 03:23:58 pm »
I always disable anti virus when I install GSX

CaptainFry

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2023, 04:36:49 pm »
I have looked at the threads and eventually got this fixed. I just had to download the latest offline installer,(addon_manager.exe) , run this, and then run installer again, and all worked.

crbascott

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2023, 07:18:43 pm »
Do you still stand by your original comment or feel an edit is worthy?

CaptainFry

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2023, 06:38:23 pm »
I still believe that an installation program should work without using some external app to correct for whatever limitations the installation program has. So no edit required. I can see why you may think I should edit it though.

SN737

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2023, 11:53:23 pm »
totally with you. The installation should work in FSDT_Universal_Installer.exe. You shouldn't have to come here and search for a fix.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2023, 01:38:00 pm »
I still believe that an installation program should work without using some external app to correct for whatever limitations the installation program has.

The external app ( which WE made ), it's not made to correct our program "limitations". It's made to help fixing issues caused by the normal delay that happens when after an update, all Cloudflare 270+ nodes around the world, need to be replicated to get the latest version of the latest file.

So, OUR "external app", is something WE did to fix the only thing that we have no control over it, the replication time on external servers we don't own or control.

If we didn't use Cloudflare, NOBODY will be able to download ANYTHING after an update, because if you could hypothetically download files from our own server, it would crash minutes after an update.