Author Topic: Gsx jetway help  (Read 989 times)

12ansan

Gsx jetway help
« on: August 30, 2023, 11:39:27 pm »
In devmode, for a custom made airport, if I add GSX jetways from Simobjects, do they get connected to the planes? Or its just static?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Gsx jetway help
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2023, 09:42:03 am »
Yes, they will work perfectly fine, provided you add them as proper Jetways, meaning they are part of a parking spot and linked to it.

If they are added just like Scenery objects, they will be static, and this is also a legitimate method: since the simulator doesn't support double jetways on a gate, if you still want to simulate that *visually*, you can place one proper jetway as a jetway, so it will move, and a secondary one as a scenery object, which will be static.

12ansan

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2023, 04:16:24 pm »
It works that way in devmode. But why can’t I edit via GSX interface? Such as those added gsx jetway in devmode cannot be moved using gsx interface while I can edit cargo trucks and stairtrucks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2023, 10:23:41 am »
It works that way in devmode. But why can’t I edit via GSX interface?

Because GSX in MSFS doesn't generate jetways on the fly using a custom method like in FSX/P3D, where we used SODE, which bypassed completely the default jetway system. GSX in MSFS uses the default jetway system, and does jetway replacement only with pre-made .BGLs.