Author Topic: Correct way to refuel and board passengers in Fenix A320  (Read 8315 times)

westbros

Correct way to refuel and board passengers in Fenix A320
« on: April 26, 2023, 01:20:15 pm »
I am struggling to get this right with the Fenix. I have looked at a few YouTube videos including this one:https://youtu.be/5PExfewCk9g

This suggests that you call for fuel through GSX, wait until the refuelling hose has been connected to the aircraft, and once you are instructed by GSX to set the fuel quantity through the aircraft fuel system, you then load the aircraft (i.e. fuel and passengers) through the Fenix EFB. I tried this yesterday, but found that I was still being told every 30 seconds or so to set the fuel quantity through the aircraft fuel system, even though I had already clicked on "load aircraft" in the EFB. This becomes very annoying after a few minutes. What's more, I did not see any passengers boarding, even though I had also told GSX to board crew and passengers after I had told the Fenix to load the aircraft to load through the EFB. And after the EFB had confirmed that the aircraft was fully loaded (fuel and passengers), I could still see the fuel truck attached to the aircraft - even though the aircraft ECAM was clearly showing that fuel was fully loaded.

So what is the solution? Is the video above correct? And if so, how do I get GSX to show the passengers, and to disconnect the fuel truck once the refuelling is complete? I have looked at the GSX manual, and it does not make it clear. The manual refers to 3rd party aircraft with and without a progressive refuelling, explains how to use GSX with an aircraft without a progressive refuelling simulation, but then doesn't go on to explain how to refuel an aircraft with a progressive refuelling simulation (which is what I assume the Fenix has). I would appreciate your advice. Thank you.

Richard1000

Re: Correct way to refuel and board passengers in Fenix A320
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2023, 09:55:13 am »
I had this problem until I noticed that sometimes fenix is pre-load with 9000+ fuel. You need to set this less than required amount via module config fuel

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2023, 11:14:32 am »
This is the video on our official channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQMDUjs4jMk

It's for the PMDG, but the concept and the procedure is valid with any 3rd party airplane that has a custom fuel system, just the Fenix is controlled from the EFB instead:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_Z9SE8fYx4

The most important thing is: in order for the refueling to start, you must ask for a quantity that is larger than the one you had on board before you called the Truck.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2023, 11:43:55 am by virtuali »

westbros

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2023, 08:23:22 pm »
Thanks for the reply and the video link. So if my Fenix already has a high amount of fuel on board I assume I should reduce this in the MCDU before I start the refuelling process - is that correct?

This video doesn't address the other part of my question regarding boarding the passengers. Please could you advise.

pete_auau

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2023, 10:11:08 am »
Thanks for the reply and the video link. So if my Fenix already has a high amount of fuel on board I assume I should reduce this in the MCDU before I start the refuelling process - is that correct?  yes reduce  the  load  or  dont  call  the  fuel tanker(my  fuel  load  in the  cold  and  dark  state is  3000kg  so i  require  fuel  all the time)

This video doesn't address the other part of my question regarding boarding the passengers. Please could you advise.     when  you  request  gsx  to  load  the pax   the  pax  will  start  to load,  now  if  you  request the  refuel option and  when   the  fuel  truck  ask  you  to  use  the  fenix  to load  than  you  click  the  load  aircraft  option in  the fenix efb  and  than  it  will load  the  pax  and  fuel  into  the  aircraft  so  you  can  get  the  weights  and  take off  data  etc.   If  you didnt   request the  fuel  truck  than just  simply  click the load  aircraft  option as  per  normal

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2023, 11:49:12 am »
Thanks for the reply and the video link. So if my Fenix already has a high amount of fuel on board I assume I should reduce this in the MCDU before I start the refuelling process - is that correct?

Yes, and it's valid for every airplane: the new quantity requested must result in a fuel increase.

This video doesn't address the other part of my question regarding boarding the passengers. Please could you advise.

That's because you haven't given any detail whatsoever about the passengers problem. You haven't said where you parked ( Parking or Gate ).

If there's a jetway, the most common case of passengers not being visible, is the jetway hasn't connected or hasn't been detected to exists due to a scenery conflict, or has connected badly, partially or not at all. In all these situations, GSX will disable visible passengers, so you won't assume GSX has a bug because it would otherwise created floating passengers in previous versions, before the SU12 Navdata update, where we couldn't get enough information about jetways from the sim.

However, in all the cases where passengers have been disabled visually, GSX will give you a text message explaining why so, pay attention to it.

CaptainDallasBeard

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2023, 02:06:32 pm »
I had this problem until I noticed that sometimes fenix is pre-load with 9000+ fuel. You need to set this less than required amount via module config fuel

Hiya mate, I also don't get how refueling the fenix requires you to board passengers at the same time, in the real world it doesnt happen unless the aircraft is on a very short turnaround due to arriving late or something. Have you had a look at this? ive tried it and it does work quite nicely, and its pretty much fully automated 
&t=326s

ashun

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2023, 03:50:10 pm »
Try fenix2gsx. It has capacity to separate refueling from boarding. Amazing piece of software.

luki117

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2023, 11:45:05 am »
Is there a way to set default fuel quantity to 500kg for the Fenix320? So you dont have to reduce the fuel before every flight.

pete_auau

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2023, 09:32:32 am »
nope its  always  set  to 3000,  since  you  cant  save  panel  states  at all at this  stage