Author Topic: Pax do not use embedded designated stairs  (Read 1248 times)

Butch

Pax do not use embedded designated stairs
« on: August 30, 2023, 10:23:08 pm »
As you can see I have told GSX where my embedded passenger stairs are and come time to deboard aircraft
passengers fall thru air to the tarmac. This is in P3D V5.4

« Last Edit: August 30, 2023, 10:28:17 pm by Butch »

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: Pax do not use embedded designated stairs
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2023, 12:14:31 am »
I just want to clarify since I've never used an airplane with built-in stairs before, so I've never used this function of GSX, should there not be a starting point and an ending point for the stairs in GSX.
Captain Kevin

Butch

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2023, 12:53:22 am »
I just want to clarify since I've never used an airplane with built-in stairs before, so I've never used this function of GSX, should there not be a starting point and an ending point for the stairs in GSX.

That doesn't give me any comfort for a solution but  I appreciate your candor of inexperience on this matter.  With embedded stairs ticked and showing GSX where the stairs are I would of expected the passengers using the steps on that ladder and not floating down to the ground. So, after posting this issue, is someone going to offer
a cure or make any corrective measure to this program?

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2023, 03:44:28 am »
In your first screenshot, it looks like you're in the aircraft configuration editor with the icon set at the top of the stairs. It looks like you've set the door there. When you want to use the built in airstairs, you need to select embedded stairs, which you've done, but you then need to also set the start and end points of the stairs. Otherwise GSX has no way of knowing where the stairs actually are. All of this is in the manual on page 54 for how to do this. I'm guessing you haven't actually done this step.
Captain Kevin

Butch

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2023, 01:37:17 pm »
I've consulted the manual and in the first picture on my post you can clearly see where I have set the arrows, I positioned the start point of the stairs at the first step
I've used this GSX program for many years and have been successful with other aircraft where the passenger follow the steps going up and down with or without
embedded stairs. This event should be no different then my previous attempts to configure this aircraft with where the stairs are.  All I can do is follow the rules which
you harp on and I did!!! I had hoped to of had a more constructive response other the read the manual. Or, perhaps ohh.,looks like a bug here, we'll look into it.

Shalom

In your first screenshot, it looks like you're in the aircraft configuration editor with the icon set at the top of the stairs. It looks like you've set the door there. When you want to use the built in airstairs, you need to select embedded stairs, which you've done, but you then need to also set the start and end points of the stairs. Otherwise GSX has no way of knowing where the stairs actually are. All of this is in the manual on page 54 for how to do this. I'm guessing you haven't actually done this step.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2023, 02:16:16 pm »
I've consulted the manual and in the first picture on my post you can clearly see where I have set the arrows, I positioned the start point of the stairs at the first step
Just to be clear, your first screenshot only says Pax 2 above the door, which would make it appear as though that is setting the door itself rather than the stairs, therefore I have no idea what you've done with the stairs. If the manual is to be believed, the start point, which should read "Stairs Start" at the top of the arrows, should be at the top of the stairs, and the end point, which should read "Stairs End", should be at the bottom of the stairs.
I've used this GSX program for many years and have been successful with other aircraft where the passenger follow the steps going up and down with or without
embedded stairs. This event should be no different then my previous attempts to configure this aircraft with where the stairs are.  All I can do is follow the rules which
you harp on and I did!!! I had hoped to of had a more constructive response other the read the manual. Or, perhaps ohh.,looks like a bug here, we'll look into it.
Okay, but I don't know that. You'd be surprised how many people have missed even the most basic things, so I can't assume anything when it comes to user knowledge of the program, and unless you specifically state what exactly you've done in detail, I have no idea what you did. I directed you to the manual because it had exact steps, complete with pictures, of what it was you needed to do and most likely better than I could explain. If following the steps didn't work, then there's nothing more that I can do, given that I'm just a regular customer just like you are.
Captain Kevin

Butch

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2023, 02:23:08 pm »
Well, I guess that is the end of the trail. I don't use this program as much as I use to.  Appreciate the bumps back.

Just to be clear, your first screenshot only says Pax 2 above the door, which would make it appear as though that is setting the door itself rather than the stairs, therefore I have no idea what you've done with the stairs. If the manual is to be believed, the start point, which should read "Stairs Start" at the top of the arrows, should be at the top of the stairs, and the end point, which should read "Stairs End", should be at the bottom of the stairs.
Okay, but I don't know that. You'd be surprised how many people have missed even the most basic things, so I can't assume anything when it comes to user knowledge of the program, and unless you specifically state what exactly you've done in detail, I have no idea what you did. I directed you to the manual because it had exact steps, complete with pictures, of what it was you needed to do and most likely better than I could explain. If following the steps didn't work, then there's nothing more that I can do, given that I'm just a regular customer just like you are.