Author Topic: Carrier Mission Help  (Read 7675 times)

GOONIE

Carrier Mission Help
« on: April 21, 2010, 04:59:18 pm »
Guys, two questions on carrier missions:

1) Is there a way to save a flight with Javier's Carrier in FSX so the carrier will show up the next time you load an FSX saved flight? Or do you need to load the carrier everytime with AI Carriers tool? The reason I ask is I want to start FSX with the Sludge F/A-18 on the deck of Javiers Carrier as the default flight, but I guess since the carrier is treated like AI it is not saved with the flight. Thoughts?  ???

2) Does anyone use or have the Top Gun Simulations "Day Traps" Mission? After reinstalling FSX following a reformat, I put the TGS Day Traps mission folder I saved on an external hard drive into the FSX military misson folder after the fresh install of FSX, but now the TGS mission no longer works. It gets to 100% loading then FSX crashes. Any ideas on how to get the TGS mission working on a fresh install of FSX, is there some file I forgot to save or transfer that is not in the "Mission" folder? Since the TGS site is still under construction and I cannot re download the mission I thought I would ask here on the forum, since I am sure some of you use or have used this mission, or might know more about mission transfer pitfalls or debug solutions.

Thanks much.
"You've got to land here, son. This is where the food is."

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
Re: Carrier Mission Help
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 06:56:18 pm »
CAPT...

I have a partial "workaround" answer on question#1.  You cant save a carrier in Free Flight, however, you can save a Practice Mission, AND you can make it so the default carrier is REPLACED w/Javier's.  Im at work, so I dont have full internet access, but Google "replacing acceleration default carrier with Javier carrier".  There should be a link to a board that details the entire process.

Once you replace the accel carrier, go into the Carrier Tutorial, click on both "show saved flights" and "allow changes", then load it up.  Press ALT to open the options window.  Load Sludge Hornet.  Get it setup how you want, w/TACAN dialed in 57X, and save it.  Should be able to reuse that scenario to practice carrier landings.  Best answer I know of....

On #2, not a whole lot of info. other than Ive run it and it seemed to work well.  Sorry, not able to help much.

Later
Sludge

Razgriz

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 09:56:45 pm »
E-mailed them to the e-mail in your profile.

GOONIE

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2010, 10:42:46 pm »
Thanks Raz for the files, worked like a charm  ;D

Also thanks Sludge for the help! You guys rock.

Capt
"You've got to land here, son. This is where the food is."

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2010, 06:10:39 pm »
Well, first I've replaced Acceleration carriers with the Havier's Nimitz as described here http://flyawaysimulation.com/postt35248.html#218557 (you'll need to scroll all the way down to see a quoted post of ESzczesniak). I use configuration #2, i.e. my lines added to the Nimitz sim.cfg are:

[fltsim.24]
title=veh_carrier01_high_detail_sm
model=CVN69_3
texture=CVN69_3

[fltsim.25]
title=VEH_carrier01
model=CVN69_3
texture=CVN69_3

Then I've replaced Acceleration Hornets with the Sludge in those missions I used to fly (default carrier missions and TGS too). Just changed Hornet model in .FLT files like this:

[Sim.0]
Sim=Sludge FX F/A-18 Test
//FA-18 Hornet 11

Now I enjoy trapping in the Sludge Hornet with CAPT Dale “Snort” Snodgrass as the LSO...  ;D
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 06:49:03 pm by fsxnavypilot »
Want it done right? Do it yourself!

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2010, 10:00:48 pm »
Paul...

Sure, Im at work.  As a matter of fact, I can send both Sludge Hornets.  Just PM me with your regular email and Ill get both to you as soon as I get online at home.  This will be easier, as you simply cut/paste both Sludge Hornets into your FSX/SIMOBJECTS/AIRPLANES folders and you're ready to go.

Later
Sludge