Author Topic: No wake after voodoo's mod  (Read 9547 times)

markturner

No wake after voodoo's mod
« on: April 22, 2010, 06:10:31 pm »
Hi Guys, I have checked and double checked all the obvious things and I am sure its all as it should be, but after installing the new wake effects, i have no wake at all on thge Nimitz !! The new .cfg file is in the right folder, the old wake is renamed, the new wake effect is there in the effects folder... I am stumped, any ideas?

Cheers,Mark

Voodoo

• Voodoo's Hangar
Re: No wake after voodoo's mod
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 02:51:41 am »
Hi Mark,

Sorry your having problems. Give me time to doublecheck that I've given out the correct files and instructions and I'll get back to you (it'll be tomorrow evening GMT).

- Voodoo

I'll take my download page offline until I've tested things out.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 02:53:43 am by Voodoo »
FSX Community Tweaks and Fixes at Voodoo's Hangar - voodoo.wikispaces.com

markturner

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 08:41:30 am »
Hi Voodoo, I am sure its a user stupidity issue, not a problem your end, but thanks for checking...

Best, Mark

Voodoo

• Voodoo's Hangar
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2010, 03:59:35 pm »
MY BIGGEST APOLOGIES PEOPLE. A couple of the files I have put up for download are WRONG!!  :-[

I have mixed up the links for .MDL files with the SIM.CFG files for some of the boats by not naming the zips clearly enough. Doh!

I will set about fixing this problem immediately, and post back here ASAP.

I can't apologise enough...I should take heed not to do this sort of stuff when I'm dog-tired!
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 05:27:24 pm by Voodoo »

Voodoo

• Voodoo's Hangar
MIXED UP FILES PROBLEM FIXED
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2010, 05:48:59 pm »
I've sorted out the problem and put a correct, and rather more sensibly named, set of files up for download at http://voodoo.wikispaces.com/Carrier+Enhancements

If you already have a previous download of the wake effects, there should be no adverse effect if you download and re-install all the new files in full. A full download should fix any of the problems people have been experiencing.

Sorry again for cocking this up :-[, and thank you for your patience while I got it fixed.

If anyone still has problems after reinstalling the effects, please PM me.

Best regards, and Happy Flying once again all,
- Voodoo
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 10:57:02 am by Voodoo »

wilycoyote4

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2010, 06:53:07 pm »
That's ok, sounds human in every way, and I installed only the Nimitz of Javier.  Maybe I fooled myself--------------------again.  I do quite well at that task.  Downloading new set.

Thanks again.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 07:25:49 pm by wilycoyote4 »

GOONIE

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2010, 11:25:04 pm »
Thanks again Voodoo, that worked! ;D
"You've got to land here, son. This is where the food is."

JamesChams

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2010, 02:44:48 am »
Thanks a bunch, Mr. Voodoo! 8)
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

skimmer

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2010, 05:04:35 pm »
Yaaaa!! Works great Voodoo.Thanks much. ;D

markturner

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2010, 01:10:16 pm »
Hey voodoo, I have done as instructed, however do not have as expected. I have a white "blob" under the bow, and no wakes. I have renamed the original carrier wake, I have all the new wake files in my effects folder and the correct new .cfg files for each ship,, saying "wake = voo_wake_nimitz" (exactly as typed here) .

i have noticed a space between the wake, = & voo  - is that correct?

Cheers, Mark

Voodoo

• Voodoo's Hangar
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2010, 01:09:48 am »
Hi Mark,

As far as I can tell, the effects should all be working correctly now. (The syntax works with or without spaces, by the way).

Javiers Nimitz/Eisenhower is actually the simpler of all the mods. It has no change to the model; it only has a line in the cfg file (wake = voo_wake_nimitz) and an effect with that name in the main Effects folder.

If you undo the mod. That is, delete the voo_wake_nimitz.fx file and remove the above line from the sim.cfg file, does everything go back to the original appearance?

And just to be sure we're not missing an obvious point here - remember the effects only look correct when the ships are moving. If they are stationary then you will not get any wakes and you will just get a blob at the bow...exactly as you described.

Can you email me at "crosherg at hotmail dot com" (using regular email syntax of course) to confirm the above two points and I'll try and help further, Mark.

markturner

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2010, 02:54:53 pm »
Hey Voodoo, sorry for the delay in replying here, I have een extra busy with other stuff, but finally sorted it out. Actually came about by trying to do some Multiplayer stuff with Orion, last Saturday, during which my Nimitz got uninstalled, so I have re installed and added in the lines etc and its all good now. So thanks for the help, its appreciated. Nice mod as well BTW !

Best,Mark

Voodoo

• Voodoo's Hangar
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2010, 09:12:18 pm »
Aw, excellent, Mark. Glad all's well now.

markturner

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2010, 10:24:59 pm »
Hey voodoo - I have noticed that my steam catapult effect is no longer visible. Have checked in the effects folder and its there, is there anything else that would make it not show?

Chees, Mark

Voodoo

• Voodoo's Hangar
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2010, 03:30:43 am »
I'm not sure, Mark. As long as the file "fx_Steam_Catapult.fx" is there in the Effects folder, the effect should work.

One possible explanation, but it's a bit of a long-shot, is you mentioned earlier you reinstalled Javier's carrier pack. Javier released 2 versions. The steam effect only works in version 2. If you accidentally re-installed version 1 then the effect would be a no-show.

Sorry, that's all I can think of.