Author Topic: Adjust jetways?  (Read 983 times)

DVA12924

Adjust jetways?
« on: August 19, 2023, 04:58:05 am »
Hello

I am wondering if there is a way to adjust jetway positions with GSX in MSFS. In P3D, you could click "Adjust jetway" in the parking position editor and move the jetway and/or edit the length and appearance. I am not able to figure out how to do that with MSFS. Some airports, payware and freeware, have a couple of jetways that are in the wrong position for the parking position leading to visual conflicts or GSX not functioning properly because of an unconnected jetway. MSFS Handcrafted KSEA gate A4 for example has the jetway about 3 feet to the left of the centerline meaning you cannot even pull up to the stop mark without being inside the jetway, and Gate F4 at Imaginesim KATL is just a bit too far to the left to connect properly so GSX will load psx 10 at a time and boarding finishes in about 2 minutes for a fully loaded heavy plane. If we could be able to edit the jetway positions without having to completely rebuild the scenery, that would be awesome.

While I was/am very adept at using ADE and GSX in P3D, I am still learning how to use them in MSFS so something as simple as moving 1 jetway at an airport is not something I've learned yet. Thanks for the help!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Adjust jetways?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2023, 02:14:37 pm »
The way GSX Jetway replacement is done in GSX is completely different than P3D. There, we had SODE, which allowed to create custom Jetways on the fly, completely bypassing the default Jetway system in the sim.

In MSFS, since there's no SODE, we use the default Jetway system, and provided GSX with a set of replacement files that has been pre-built based on default airports data, so they can't be edited like in FSX/P3D.

With 3rd party sceneries, the issue is even more tricky, because possible legal issues would come into play because, to do something like you are asking (adjusting a 3rd party jetway in a 3rd party scenery) would require creating a new adjustment scenery, which would involve decompiling and recompiling something based on 3rd party data, something that even if it might technically legal (and not everywhere, Europe has different regulations about decompiling than the US, for example), it might not something 3rd party developers might be happy with.