Author Topic: No pushback direction  (Read 314 times)

gromor

No pushback direction
« on: December 09, 2023, 04:52:43 am »
Hello.

Earlier when i set pushback direction to None i was asked if i wanted pushback. Have that unticked in the settings.
This way i could have some pushbacks edited with the add slot tab on start and the choose if i wanted to start and taxi of stand or pushback.
This does not happen anymore. The only way i can get it to not choose pushback is to disable the tug. Is this intentional? Or am i doing something wrong after the disable tug option was implemented?

Regards
Morten

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No pushback direction
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2023, 11:37:40 pm »
This way i could have some pushbacks edited with the add slot tab on start and the choose if i wanted to start and taxi of stand or pushback.

Yes, it's intentional:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/couatl_liveupdate_notes.html

GSX (all versions) Change: Don't ask "Do you want to request Pushback?", on a Parking spot with a "NONE" preference, with any QuickEdit/Custom pushback defined.

Several users wanted this change, because they found the request for pusback redundant, if they saved any custom pushback. Most users don't like extra menus, if they are not strictly required but I see how this conflicts with your usage case.

gromor

Re: No pushback direction
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2023, 08:05:29 pm »
Hello.

I did'nt find that changelog item so thank you for the answer.

Could you make it that No tug/no direction = don't ask, tug/no direction = ask.

I find a lot of gates where there obviously is no pushback but it would be practical to have a pushback option.

I made a Toronto config recently where a lot of gates are meant to be no pushback but a CRJ 700 which parks there can not perform one. ATR could maybe if no planes are parked next to it. This could be scenery related and it's modelled incorrectly or they perform pushbacks in certain situations irl.

I understand that these requests makes GSX more and more complex but i just thought i would ask.

Regards