Author Topic: How to avoid default staircase  (Read 645 times)

Akki

How to avoid default staircase
« on: August 04, 2023, 08:41:19 am »
Hi!
I would like to avoid the "default" staircase to occur running GSX Pro on a domestic airport (no jetways etc) loading/unloading a jetliner with back and front doors. I dont understand why it occur as it is not requested in the "AirportServices" file (xml/spd), the GSX settings provide two functional staircaises as requested and it wotks great. What to do to abandon the extra default staircase?

Akki

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: How to avoid default staircase
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2023, 01:47:49 pm »
There's not much you can do because, even if you removed the GSX-provided Airport Services file, you would still see a generic Staircase there instead of the GSX specific one, because that's how the sim works.

We might in theory change the Airport service files to prevent stairs to be displayed but then, the AI airplanes won't have any stairs, because while your airplane can use proper GSX vehicles instead, the AI can't, so the airport will just look more empty.

Akki

Re: How to avoid default staircase-solved!
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2023, 01:56:51 pm »
Great thanks Umberto, I was afraid for that this might be the case.

I am familiar with the AirportService file in xml-format but I assume that the one provided for in my case ESTA is in .spb format...? Can you suggest how I can proceed to edit the file for GSX regarding this airport? Any advice appreciated!

Update: a workaround could be to rename the parking from Ramp_GA Large to Medium > this remove the unwanted ramp staircaise- however how GSX handle this setting remain to be checked.
Yes it works! But first needed to uninstall GSX, change the scenery of the domestic airport by renaming parking location from Ramp GA_Large to Ramp GA_Medium, build and reinstall and reinstall GSX.

Åke
« Last Edit: August 05, 2023, 01:57:58 pm by Akki »