Author Topic: Backup Disabled Jetway and Service lists  (Read 614 times)

mjchernis

Backup Disabled Jetway and Service lists
« on: August 01, 2023, 10:39:31 pm »
Is there any easy way to backup the lists of disabled jetways and airport services?  I find myself continuing need to re-add airports to these lists. 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Backup Disabled Jetway and Service lists
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2023, 11:40:44 am »
There are already automatically backed up, for the precise reason you won't have to keep re-adding the same airports, and nobody ever reported a problem with this. The disabled jetways/services are backed up in this folder:

Addon Manager\MSFS\fsdreamteam-gsx-world-of-jetways_backup

mjchernis

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2023, 02:22:27 pm »
Do developer updates to airports trigger a need to re-add them to the disabled list?  Given this is the list of airports that GSX is not replacing the jetways for, I would think an airport update would not matter.

When I purchase / install a brand new 3rd party airport, I immediately go into GSX Pro/Config, find the airport, add it to the disabled list, and click apply.  Usually it sticks but a few weeks later I'll notice it is missing from list and need to re-add it. 

Is there anything else that would cause an airport to be removed from the list by GSX?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2023, 02:30:09 pm by mjchernis »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2023, 04:32:25 pm »
Do developer updates to airports trigger a need to re-add them to the disabled list?  Given this is the list of airports that GSX is not replacing the jetways for, I would think an airport update would not matter.

Sure it doesn't matter: you are not acting on other developers files, you are selecting what files from GSX you are moving in or out two folders ( active and inactive )

When I purchase / install a brand new 3rd party airport, I immediately go into GSX Pro/Config, find the airport, add it to the disabled list, and click apply.

This is what you are always supposed to do, and it's the correct procedure, since the automatic disabling is done when you first install GSX, or when you update it, but not when you install a new 3rd party airport.

Usually it sticks but a few weeks later I'll notice it is missing from list and need to re-add it. 

This is what is not supposed to happen, and nobody ever reported it before.

Is there anything else that would cause an airport to be removed from the list by GSX?

It depends if the airport is removed from the Disabled list, or it's added back to the Enabled list, as if you would have it on both sides. Reinstalling GSX will surely cause the airport being added to the Enabled list, which is normal, but since the installer would immediately launch an update, it will see that airport was in your Disabled list ( the "backup" folder ), so it should remove it again during the update step so, the only possible reason I can think of, is having reinstalled GSX but the update step that was performed upon reinstalling didn't complete.