Author Topic: Problem installing and starting GSX  (Read 1008 times)

ALT2024

Problem installing and starting GSX
« on: July 31, 2023, 04:24:01 pm »
Hi everyone

I used GSX with FSX happily for years on my old PC but that rig has gone to that great desktop in the sky so I have a new one now.

I have MSFS2020 installed on my new machine and today I purchased and downloaded GSX Pro. I ran the universal installer but something went wrong and there is no GSX in my MSFS menu. Also, there is no Couatl or GSX in my exe.xml

The installer window looks like this (attached) after installing and activating GSX.

I must have done something wrong - please can you direct me?

ALT2024

Re: Problem installing and starting GSX
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2023, 06:30:52 am »
So I read the thread GSX is not recognised by MSFS from martin320 and I see he has the same screen that I do. Every time I click Install, I get the message in the attached screenshot, a few seconds later. What should I do please?

-Robert ALT2024

ALT2024

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2023, 09:34:42 am »
Tried umpteen times to install GSX using the universal installer, but all I get is the same message shown in the screenshot in my previous post, which displays for about 5 seconds, then the installer reverts to the same screen it showed on starting it. Been round that loop a lot of times.

ALT2024

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2023, 07:51:03 am »
Been round the loop again, same result. The screenshots tell the story of what happens when I click Install.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2023, 11:35:40 am »

It's possible to log the installation this way:

- Open a command prompt, by typing C M D, then Enter on the Windows start area.

- Type this:

CD "C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager"   ( this, assuming you installed in the default location, if not, you must change it to where you installed it )

- then this:

Couatl_Updater2 /INSTALLMODE /LOG

This will start the installer. After it loads, try the installation again and, when it stops, exit and check if you have a file named LOG.TXT there. Just send it back as an attachment.

ALT2024

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2023, 06:48:53 am »
Thanks for the reply, Umberto.

As it happens I'd already started a complete reinstall of MSFS, which I completed last night and I am now running the FSDT installer again. It is going much better this time, screenshot attached.

If it falls over again, I will follow the steps in your reply and send the log.

-Robert

ALT2024

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2023, 10:43:33 am »
Problem resolved. Installation completed successfully; worked fine for pushback and departure on test flight. I don't know what caused the issue but the sim reinstall has resolved it.