Author Topic: Help with GSX download  (Read 1068 times)

shloohoo

Help with GSX download
« on: September 14, 2023, 06:40:20 am »
Hello,

Recently purchased GSX and was downloading it for msfs2020. Im having troubles with the install. Ive tried installing it multiple times but of coarse it hasnt worked.

Things I wanna note:
-community folder on a different drive which is NTFS. Im not sure what my c drive is but im trying to install the addon manager thing to the NTFS drive but sometimes it installs everything to my c drive.
-after install, the addon manager doesnt show all the other options next to gsx, it just gives me the option to install again (shows its activated though)

All the info I can think of right now. Hopefully someone can help. Thank You!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Help with GSX download
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2023, 02:16:49 pm »
-community folder on a different drive which is NTFS.

Of course it is, because if it wasn't, you would have seen an error message saying you can't install at all. Not because you are supposed to install *there*, but because GSX will be LINKED to the Community folder, and in order to have Symbolic links working, the drive must be formatted in NTFS.

Im not sure what my c drive is

It's very likely to be NTFS. But again, if it wasn't, you would see a clear message from the installer about this.

but im trying to install the addon manager thing to the NTFS drive but sometimes it installs everything to my c drive.

It's not "sometimes" or random.

You are given the option to freely choose an installation folder ONLY the first to you install the FSDT Universal Installer, but subsequent installation will automatically go to the folder you selected the first time.

If you want to change the Addon Manager destination folder, you MUST Uninstall the FSDT Universal Installer from the Windows Control Panel. THIS will reset the previously selected destination, so you'll be allowed to choose a new installation destination on the next reinstall.

This can be on any drive, provided it is formatted in NTFS AND your Community folder ( which can be on the same or a different drive ) is ALSO formatted in NTFS.

-after install, the addon manager doesnt show all the other options next to gsx, it just gives me the option to install again (shows its activated though)

- Configure the antivirus to add the whole Addon Manager folder added to the antivirus Exclusions

- Uninstall the FSDT Universal Installer from the Windows Control Panel again

- Download and install the current version from our site and choose your destination drive (which must be NTFS)

- Try again installing GSX

shloohoo

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2023, 09:37:00 pm »
Thanks for the response. But im still not able to download gsx. Any other things I can try to get it installed?
« Last Edit: September 22, 2023, 11:40:00 am by virtuali »

pete_auau

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2023, 09:02:00 am »
stupid  question  your  trying  to install  gsx pro into  msfs  and  not  gsx  since  2   different  addons

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2023, 11:40:28 am »
Thanks for the response. But im still not able to download gsx. Any other things I can try to get it installed?

Please clarify exactly what do you mean, and what happens when downloading.