Author Topic: Jetway issue  (Read 889 times)

gregc320

Jetway issue
« on: March 21, 2023, 03:49:52 pm »
Hi guys,

Firstly, I don't think this is a GSX issue but I was wondering if anyone has experienced this or knows how to fix it?

Basically, when I depart, the jetways work, they work on arrival but if I fly back to the original place I departed from, the jetway doesn't work. This happens all the time unless I restart the sim before flying back.

It's very strange I can't figure out what it could be.

After I land, and reload the flight they work again. Very confused by it.
I understand it's probably another "msfs'ism" but was just wondering if anyone has experienced it.

Thanks,
Greg

sabres431

Re: Jetway issue
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2023, 10:51:14 pm »
Check and see if that airport is in your excluded list.  I'm finding default airports in the excluded list that I didn't put there.  And GSX is not replacing the jetways with its own.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2023, 03:45:33 pm »
Basically, when I depart, the jetways work, they work on arrival but if I fly back to the original place I departed from, the jetway doesn't work. This happens all the time unless I restart the sim before flying back.

GSX doesn't have any control over the jetway animation. If they work, or not, depends only by the relationship with the jetway itself (how is made and how it's positioned) and the location of the airplane door from your currently parked position.

Since you say the SAME airport work or not depending if you are starting from it or are returning to it, it cannot possibly be an issue of not having it excluded from GSX jetway replacement (although you still need to do it, if the airport is not default), because if it did, jetways wouldn't work in both cases.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2023, 03:48:51 pm »
Check and see if that airport is in your excluded list.  I'm finding default airports in the excluded list that I didn't put there.  And GSX is not replacing the jetways with its own

Are you sure with "default" you are really mean "default". Handcrafted airports, even if they are included in the sim, should not considered default, but that's not necessarily valid in all cases, it really depends how those have been made, if they changed parking positions compared to the "bare default" airport or not.

GSX jetway replacement files are only meant to be used for "bare default" airports. Some of them might work at handcrafted airports as well, but that's on a case-by-case basis, in general it's best to consider MS/Asobo handcrafted airports like any other 3rd party airport.