Author Topic: Coualt64_MSFS.exe file not found  (Read 962 times)

Alpin75

Coualt64_MSFS.exe file not found
« on: July 05, 2023, 06:29:45 pm »
Dear Sir/Madam.

I recently bought Gsx for Msfs and downloaded installer .  But couldnt manage to open Gsx. I receive that
Coualt64_MSFS.exe file not found .

I closed all virus programs also.
I started the fike as administrator.
What maybe the problem is?
I feel really dissapointed.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Coualt64_MSFS.exe file not found
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2023, 06:37:44 pm »
It's sure the problem is caused by the antivirus.

You can't just "close" an antivirus: it will still run in the background with its Windows service, the only way to disable an antivirus entirely is to uninstall it, but of course if you use a 3rd party antivirus and uninstall it, the default Windows Defender will take over.

And that's why we never suggest to "close" or "disable" the antivirus but, instead, add the whole Addon Manager folder to the antivirus Exclusions and keep it running, then run the FSDT Update again, or reinstall.

Alpin75

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2023, 06:58:05 pm »
I deleted all virus programs.How will I exclude addon manager from Antivirus Exclutions.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2023, 07:25:20 pm »
I deleted all virus programs.How will I exclude addon manager from Antivirus Exclutions.

Assuming with "I deleted all virus programs", you mean you had one or more 3rd party antivirus, and you ran their uninstaller, the default Windows Defender antivirus should now be in use, and it's surely possible to add a folder to its Exclusions, searching the internet with "windows defender exclude folder" will surely result with plenty of hits explaining how to do that.

Alpin75

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2023, 10:20:50 am »
I added the whole Addon Manager folder to the antivirus Exclusions and keep it running, then run the FSDT Update again, or reinstall.
Still living the same issue. Cannot install GSX

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2023, 11:30:56 am »
I can only repeat and confirm the problem can only be caused by the antivirus, which has mistakenly removed the .exe.

- Configure the antivirus to have the whole Addon Manager folder added to the antivirus Exclusions

- Run the FSDT Update again, or reinstall.

Alpin75

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2023, 12:41:25 pm »
This doesnt help my problem. Is there anyone who has another idea, what might be the problem is?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2023, 01:11:34 pm »
This doesnt help my problem. Is there anyone who has another idea, what might be the problem is?

If it doesn't help your problem, it's because you either haven't correctly excluded the folder from the antivirus, or you haven't run the update after doing that, or you haven't reinstalled, which are the 3 things I suggested to check.

You can be sure we DO install Couatl_MSFS.EXE, without it, GSX will never run, and if this really happened, we would have the forum flooded by thousands of reports of the file missing. The most important file of the whole install, that is.

Instead, in the few cases were this ever happened, has all being fixed by acting on the antivirus Exclusion then updating/reinstalling, since the antivirus mistakenly removing it it's the only possible reason why a file that is surely included in the installation, could be missing after installing.

Last thing: is it possible you are in a country where the internet is censored ? If yes, you might need to use a VPN to install.