Author Topic: MSFS - GSX PRO - Downloader states active, in game menu doesn't  (Read 837 times)

planeship35

Hello

i got GSX Pro a few weeks ago, i downloaded the installer enterd the activation key and downloaded the addon.
I joined the game opend the Menu and found that the GSX Menu said its in Trial mode (screenshot will be provided in the following post on this thread). After that i went to google to search the issue.
I've checked (done in the order from top to bottom, top being the first and bottom the last one):
-The Addon is Active in the Downloader (screenshot will be provided in following post on this thread)
-uninstalled the addon deactivated the Key then reactivated the Key and redownloaded the addon
-uninstalled the addon then reinstalled the addon
-checking the Downloader settings
-Updating the addon

I've checked the forums but i couldn't find a similar case (i used search function and went on the Home page to search manually in the MSFS GSX Pro Forum for a section related to my issue).
It would be great if somebody could help me.

Thanks in advance.
Yours sincerely
planeship35

planeship35

Re: MSFS - GSX PRO - Downloader states active, in game menu doesn't
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2023, 06:05:16 pm »
i can't post the images due to file size restriction

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2023, 05:35:57 pm »
If the FSDT Installer reports the product as "Active", but the menu in game is the Trial mode menu, the problem is caused by your normal user account having limited permissions.

This can be fixed in any of the following ways:

- Give your user admin permission, this is the easiest way.

- Change the Properties->Compatibility settings for the \Addon Manager\Couatl64\Couatl64_MSFS.EXE file to "Run as Administrator"

- Manually activate using the method suggested here, to activate on a non-admin user:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,28730.msg187338.html#msg187338

planeship35

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2023, 11:00:28 pm »
Thanks for the Help it Worked!