Author Topic: ***SOLVED*** AKH loaders on an A319?  (Read 2077 times)

mytree123

***SOLVED*** AKH loaders on an A319?
« on: July 06, 2023, 12:56:43 pm »
Hello!
I very often fly the FsLabs A319 and have enccountered some issues with one specific aircraft and one specific airframe config. This might not be the place for something like my problem but I will post it nontheless and I am hoping someone can help me.
I fly the A319 IAE (G-EUPJ) nearly everyday and there has always been one thing that bothers me:
GSX uses AKH loaders instead of the more suitable belt loaders. Now, me being a perfectionist and wanting everything to work as it is in real life, I was wondering if there is a way to change the AKH loaders to belt loader. Short answer: Yes, there is!
Long answer: Kind of.
Let me explain: FsLabs states in its documentation that in order to use belt driven loaders you will have to write "cargo_belt = 1" into the airframe config .cfg file under the sub [Options]. I have done that and thought it was fixed: No... it sadly wasn't
I still got the old AKH loaders and even after restarting the sim, the airframe config still stated that belt loaders were active even though they clearly weren't.
So I stumbled across an old thread on a forum stating that it is possible to change the AKH loaders to belt driven ones from the GSX "Custimize Aircraft" tab within the sim (P3Dv5.3). I have done that and saved the changes (see picture below) and after requesting boarding I finally got the belt loaders.
That sadly isn't the end of the story though, as I now have to select the belt loaders in the "Custimize Aircraft" Tab everytime I do a flight which is kind of annoying.

This issue doesn't happen to any other aircraft in my sim, even the same variant. I also attached my airframe config for you to look for any mistakes or anything else.
How do I permenantly set belt loaders to this aircraft?

Btw: I have checked the settings within the GSX Virtuali FsLabs A319 IAE folder, and according to that file I should have belt loaders. File is also attached.

Cheers and have a great day

Niels
« Last Edit: July 08, 2023, 11:29:56 pm by mytree123 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: AKH loaders on an A319?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2023, 01:23:06 pm »
Assuming the file you posted is the one you use and it's named like that, the problem is you named it wrong. It should be:

GSX-G-EUPJ.cfg

If you have logging enabled in GSX, the logfile will indicate if the airframe-specific .cfg file has been loaded or not.

mytree123

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2023, 05:47:30 pm »
Assuming the file you posted is the one you use and it's named like that, the problem is you named it wrong. It should be:

GSX-G-EUPJ.cfg

If you have logging enabled in GSX, the logfile will indicate if the airframe-specific .cfg file has been loaded or not.

I don't exactly know what you mean?
The file I'm refering to is the one attached. Speaking of Airframe config files (G-EUPJ.cfg), those always come without the "GSX" infront of it and they all work with belt loaders and not AKH ones.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2023, 06:20:43 pm »
I don't exactly know what you mean?

It was very simple: you named the file wrong, so it wasn't used by GSX as an airframe-specific configuration, so GSX reverted to using the default file (not airframe specific), which is always called GSX.CFG

The file I'm refering to is the one attached

If you are referring to the one you attached before instead of the screenshot you have attached now, as I've said, its name is wrong, because it was named G-EUPJ.cfg instead of GSX-G-EUPJ.cfg as it should be.

Speaking of Airframe config files (G-EUPJ.cfg), those always come without the "GSX" infront of it and they all work with belt loaders and not AKH ones.

The issue is, yours doesn't, which is further confirmed by your last screenshot, which shows only a file named GSX.CFG in that folder, so it's NOT airframe specific. If you want to create an airframe specific config, you should:

- make a copy of your GSX.CFG

- RENAME IT AS GSX-G-EUPJ.cfg (NOT G-EUPJ.cfg!! )

- Make the required edits to it, so it will be loaded only when the G-EUPJ airplane variation would be used. All the other A319 will use the standard GSX.CFG instead.

srcooke

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2023, 09:59:43 am »
@mytree123 did you try changing the airframe configuration file supplied with the livery which has cargo belts disabled?
Regards
Stephen Cooke

mytree123

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2023, 10:46:02 am »
I did not name anything wrong as I simply didn't do anything after installing the airframe and livery.
Copying and then renaming the GSX.CFG file "GSX-G-EUPJ.cfg" and setting the uldcode to BELT (this already had been set in the old file) didn't fix the issue. I still see the old AKH loaders.

Here is the path I am talking about (C:\Users\mytre\AppData\Roaming\Virtuali\Airplanes\FSLabs A319 IAE) and you can find the file attached below. The file is 1:1 the exact file as the GSX.cfg file.
I will attach the Airframe config file (G-EUPJ.cfg) from the FsLabs folder (C:\Users\mytre\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\FSLabs\SimObjects\Airplanes\FSLabs A319 IAE\Airframe Configs). I will also send you a fully functioning ariframe config (OE-LKD.cfg) if that helps.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2023, 12:25:40 pm by virtuali »

mytree123

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2023, 10:48:09 am »
@mytree123 did you try changing the airframe configuration file supplied with the livery which has cargo belts disabled?

Yes, the "cargo_belts" line was initially set to the value 0 which I then changed to 1 in order for them to work. I thought so at least but GSX had other plans...
File attached below if you are interested

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2023, 12:33:07 pm »
I did not name anything wrong

Of course you have. The .cfg file you posted was named G-EUPJ.cfg instead of GSX-G-EUPJ.cfg, that's why I asked if the file you posted was the one you use. If it is, no wonder it doesn't work, because the name is wrong.

as I simply didn't do anything after installing the airframe and livery.

"not doing anything" will cause exactly this.

There's no automated way to create an airframe-specific .cfg file, you must create one yourself, and in the last screenshot you posted, you ONE had a GSX.CFG, so you don't have the airframe-specific .cfg file you posted (regardless how it was named)

Here is the path I am talking about (C:\Users\mytre\AppData\Roaming\Virtuali\Airplanes\FSLabs A319 IAE) and you can find the file attached below.

Which is, again, wrongly named. The file you posted is called:

GSX-G-EUPJ.cfg.cfg

When it should be:

GSX-G-EUPJ.cfg

And the other two files you posted are wrong as well, since they are both missing GSX- in front of their name. I think what is confusing you, is that from your screenshot of the folder (which contained ONLY a GSX.CFG file and nothing else, no airframe-specific file was there), you have the file extensions hidden in Windows Explorer, and that makes it more difficult to realize at a first glance the complete file name. If you disable that option, it will be easier to realize how a file is really named.

I will attach the Airframe config file (G-EUPJ.cfg) from the FsLabs folder (C:\Users\mytre\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\FSLabs\SimObjects\Airplanes\FSLabs A319 IAE\Airframe Configs). I will also send you a fully functioning ariframe config (OE-LKD.cfg) if that helps.

If you keep posting files wrongly named, it's not really helping, because I cannot possibly know if they are still wrongly named in your %APPDATA% folder, or you wrongly named just for posting. If they are like that in the sim, no wonder they don't work.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2023, 12:36:43 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2023, 12:34:03 pm »
Yes, the "cargo_belts" line was initially set to the value 0 which I then changed to 1 in order for them to work. I thought so at least but GSX had other plans... File attached below if you are interested

You posted again a file with the wrong name. The file you posted in this post is STILL named G-EUPJ.cfg, when it should be GSX-G-EUPJ.cfg instead.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2023, 12:40:17 pm »
Ok, after looking at your G-EUPJ.cfg, I understand the problem: that's NOT A GSX file!! It's some kind of configuration file for that airframe that is specific to FS Labs, and it's NOT used or read by GSX, because it's not a GSX.CFG file.

The one that looks correct is the one you posted as GSX-G-EUPJ.cfg.cfg but, since it has the wrong name ( GSX-G-EUPJ.cfg.cfg ) it won't be used by GSX, since the correct name would be GSX-G-EUPJ.cfg

srcooke

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2023, 01:20:09 pm »
I have no issues with the correct loaders when the FSL files for airframe.cfg AND flightsim.cfg for livery have the correct entry cargo_belts=1 . I cannot recall any problems with other liveries either using the FSL files.

Regards
Stephen Cooke

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2023, 02:00:33 pm »
I have no issues with the correct loaders when the FSL files for airframe.cfg AND flightsim.cfg for livery have the correct entry cargo_belts=1 .

GSX doesn't use any of that information from those files, it only uses its own GSX.CFG file, which must be named by adding the airframe registration in order to be used only with that particular airframe.

srcooke

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2023, 02:59:37 pm »
I have no issues with the correct loaders when the FSL files for airframe.cfg AND flightsim.cfg for livery have the correct entry cargo_belts=1 .

GSX doesn't use any of that information from those files, it only uses its own GSX.CFG file, which must be named by adding the airframe registration in order to be used only with that particular airframe.

I can only suggest those entries do work on multiple airframes I have installed, FSL configures the appropriate GSX file upon the aircraft loading in the sim. I have never had to create a seperate GSX entry, one of the reasons FSL is at the top of the leader board.

Here changing cargo_belts=1 to cargo_belts=0 for the same airframe:

Regards
Stephen Cooke

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2023, 05:10:55 pm »
FSL configures the appropriate GSX file upon the aircraft loading in the sim

You mean they change the GSX.CFG dynamically based on the content of their own airframe-specific .cfg file, as part of the GSX integration ? That's the only possible way it could possibly affect GSX, because I can only confirm GSX doesn't read those files, it only reads the GSX.CFG and, if there's one airframe-specific, that one.

If yes, then it's likely the GSX airframe specific feature shouldn't be used with FS Labs, since they might do the same thing in different ways, so it would be very confusing to know which file is affecting what.

srcooke

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2023, 05:15:18 pm »
You mean they change the GSX.CFG dynamically based on the content of their own airframe-specific .cfg file, as part of the GSX integration ?

Exactly that.

I'm not convinced the op's install of the livery has been fully activated in FSL as additional entries to the flightsim.cfg file should have occured.
Regards
Stephen Cooke