Author Topic: Boarding crew only  (Read 1205 times)

shewby

Boarding crew only
« on: July 06, 2023, 11:56:07 am »
The pilots and crew board the plane and i can see them but how do I change it so the passengers board too? 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Boarding crew only
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2023, 01:06:12 pm »
Is that a gate with a Jetway ? If yes, has the jetway docked correctly ? And, if it's a 3rd party airport, have you disabled the GSX jetway replacement files for it, which you should always do when installing a 3rd party airport after GSX ?

All of these are possible reasons why passengers won't be displayed but only simulated. GSX will of course tell you that, with a text message.

shewby

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2023, 01:53:51 pm »
so the Jet is connected as the crew board as normal and even happens for stairs too, the bus crew arrives but no passengers after. I haven't got any 3rd party airport. just the ones that come with the sim.  but i don't get no text message displayed for it.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2023, 01:57:01 pm »
so the Jet is connected as the crew board as normal and even happens for stairs too, the bus crew arrives but no passengers after.

This is already a problem. If the gate has a jetway, the bus shouldn't come, not for crew, neither for passengers. That leads to believe the jetway hasn't been detected, which is not normal. Please clarify, again, exactly which airport you are using, even if it's default.

shewby

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2023, 06:44:10 pm »
So i use any airport on the sim. iv not got no Add-on airports.
I use to see the passengers board the plane and de board but now on the menu when boarding, it lets me board the crew but once the crew have been boarded it doesnt give me an option to board the passengers.

The jetways are detected as they attached to the plane and the crew board through them/ same with the stairs.

I just don't have an option to board passengers 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2023, 08:09:10 pm »
once the crew have been boarded it doesnt give me an option to board the passengers.

Nowhere you are supposed to have any option to board passengers, the choice is only for Pilot+Crew, passengers will always board no matter what.

The jetways are detected as they attached to the plane and the crew board through them/ same with the stairs.

This means the problem is not jetway detection but, instead, the passengers number having being detected as zero, which is usually caused by the airplane not being loaded when you call GSX.

shewby

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2023, 02:57:44 pm »
so how do i get the airplane to be loaded when you call GSX, as its connected to simbrief so i have the passanger count on there

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2023, 04:18:18 pm »
so how do i get the airplane to be loaded when you call GSX, as its connected to simbrief so i have the passanger count on there

If you have a Simbrief plan activated for the current airport ( GSX reading OK in green ), the passenger number will be taken from that, so the airplane payload is irrelevant in that case.

As I've said, if you see the pilots/crew boarding, and the jetway hasn't disconnected in the meantime, there's no reason passengers won't show unless, for any reason ( Simbrier of Payload ) their number would be set to 0.

You don't say which airplane you use. Another possible reason why the passenger number is 0, is the airplane has some kind of integration with GSX, so IT has set the passenger number to 0, because it needs to control it with its own logic, so you need to follow its logic, if this is the case.