Author Topic: GSX not working (first time user)  (Read 1949 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX not working (first time user)
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2023, 06:33:35 pm »
Nothing related to GSX is in my community folder! What’s meant to be in there

Then it's not possible the GSX Installer would report GSX as Installed, which was my first question. Are you sure it says "Installed" (in green) and not, maybe, "Install" (in white), which means it's not installed yet ? Or, maybe, it's saying "Relink" ?

To sum it up:

- If the product is installed in the Addon Manager folder and it's linked to the Community folder, it will report as "Installed" in green. This is the normal situation.

- If the product is installed in the Addon Manager folder but it's not linked to the Community folder, it will report as "Relink", meaning you can re-enable it without reinstalling it.

- If the product is not installed at all, it will read "Install" (in white), meaning it's not there, not in the Addon Manager folder and it's not linked to the Community folder.

Baileysmith12

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2023, 06:39:36 pm »
It says Active in green and Re-link in red… when I press re link nothing happens?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2023, 07:25:33 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2023, 07:27:54 pm »
It says Active in green and Re-link in red… when I press re link nothing happens?

Alright, now it checks out. I asked if it was reported as Installed, you must have confused the Installation status with the license Activation status, which are two completely different things. As I suspected, it shows Relink, and the most common case of a failure to link is having the Community folder on a drive not formatted using the native Windows filesystem, that is NTFS, which is required to support Symbolic links. More information was in the Sticky thread here:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26874.0.html

Baileysmith12

« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2023, 07:31:53 pm »

Alright, now it checks out. I asked if it was reported as Installed, you must have confused the Installation status with the license Activation status, which are two completely different things. As I suspected, it shows Relink, and the most common case of a failure to link is having the Community folder on a drive not formatted using the native Windows filesystem, that is NTFS, which is required to support Symbolic links. More information was in the Sticky thread here:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26874.0.html

I stated this in my first post on the thread, my External Hard-drive is NTFS formatted

Baileysmith12

« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2023, 11:55:58 pm »
Is there anything I can do to get it to work? I really really want GSX to work? Is there specific files I can move etc etc?

My External Hard drive is showing Default format as NTFS, is there any other issues know to cause the re link not to work that I can try? :(