Author Topic: GSX and Addon Linker  (Read 1052 times)

HeicoH

GSX and Addon Linker
« on: July 04, 2023, 10:44:48 pm »
I want to install GSX in my productive environment instead in my testing environment (different computers).

However, I do not want GSX to start every time I start the Sim.

I use Addon Linker to choose which addons should be run when I start the Sim.

Is there any any chance to make GSX work with Addon Linker? If so, how to configure GSX, and how to configure Addon Linker, to make both work together correctly?
My GSX test scenario (unless otherwise stated):
Sandbox environment
GSX v 2.9.1 (as of 20 Jan 2023)
Fenix A320, PMDG 737-800, ATR-72
EDDL (JustSim), EDDK (Aerosoft), both not Marketplace
GSX jetways disabled
no AI traffic
no antivirus or firewall software running
all apps started in admin mode

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX and Addon Linker
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2023, 10:52:50 pm »
Is there any any chance to make GSX work with Addon Linker? If so, how to configure GSX, and how to configure Addon Linker, to make both work together correctly?

Why you think GSX won't work with the Addon Linker ? It's not as if the FSDT Installer is doing anything out of standard or different than the Addon Linker does: it's just creates a standard Windows Symbolic Link, which will work in the same way, regardless if you use the Addon Linker to manage it, or the "Relink" function of the FSDT Installer, they are doing the same thing.

HeicoH

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2023, 11:03:26 pm »
That is exactly what I mean.

GSX creates a a symbolic link in the community folder, but that means that it is started every time I start the Sim.

How to configure GSX to create that symbolic link in the respective Addon Linker folder, so I can use Addon Linker to decide wether I want GSX to start, or not?
My GSX test scenario (unless otherwise stated):
Sandbox environment
GSX v 2.9.1 (as of 20 Jan 2023)
Fenix A320, PMDG 737-800, ATR-72
EDDL (JustSim), EDDK (Aerosoft), both not Marketplace
GSX jetways disabled
no AI traffic
no antivirus or firewall software running
all apps started in admin mode

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2023, 01:29:31 am »
How to configure GSX to create that symbolic link in the respective Addon Linker folder, so I can use Addon Linker to decide wether I want GSX to start, or not?

A Symbolic link doesn't have to be in the Addon Linker folder to be manageable by the Addon Linker, it will be recognized as an external link, and you CAN still enable/disable it with the Addon Linker.

Which, as I've said, it's functionally equivalent to disabling/enabling it from the FSDT Installer.