Author Topic: Strange Behaviour, have to click on GSX icon twice to open  (Read 764 times)

Stefano1978

Strange Behaviour, have to click on GSX icon twice to open
« on: June 21, 2023, 02:43:26 pm »
First of all, It may very well be I'm doing something wrong. Can't exclude that :-)
The program itself runs smoothly, I'm really enjoying GSX Pro especially since I bought Fenix A320. Pushback is perfect and the boarding process is very well done.

I'm using Flow (Free version) as a toolbar replacement and I'm experiencing this strange behaviour from GSX (and only with GSX).
After the first interaction at the gate, when GSX opens itself and let me choose the airport operator etc. etc., everytime I need to open GSX menu I have to click on the icon twice.

Flow->GSX->Nothing happens, then
Flox->GSX->the menu appears and I can operate normaly. Everything works until I need again to open GSX menu and I have to do the same dance again.

It's not a "major" issue, is just a bit annoying and I'm wondering If i did something wrong or if it's a known issue with Flow+GSX.

Thanks in advance for the help

zebraleet

Re: Strange Behaviour, have to click on GSX icon twice to open
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2023, 04:17:05 pm »
It does this with the normal menu. Doesn't do it with the shortcut CTRL+SHIFT+F12

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Strange Behaviour, have to click on GSX icon twice to open
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2023, 10:43:17 pm »
First of all, It may very well be I'm doing something wrong.

You first guess was the right one. You haven't read the manual where it explains how to properly use the menu, at Pages 84-85. I won't repeat the manual here, but the short version is this quote from Page 85:

This is now your normal workflow should be:

• Open the GSX menu from the Toolbar icon when first starting Ground services.

• Don’t close it from the Toolbar while Ground services are performed, always use the Hot-key or the X icon to close the menu.

• Close the menu using the Toolbar icon when you are done with Ground services, usually before take-off.

In brief, the Toolbar Icon should always be left Active while Ground services are
required.