Author Topic: Fenix hot brakes on push  (Read 993 times)

rogermoore

Fenix hot brakes on push
« on: July 03, 2023, 03:15:39 pm »
this is mentioned numerous times on the forum, raging arguments about how many times it has to happen to be an fault, dating back months

the problem still exists for me.

i note the comment from fenix on the subject which appears to point the finger as GSX
https://kb.fenixsim.com/hot-brakes-when-using-gsx

is there a fix i've missed? Does GSX accept the issue?

Stefano1978

Re: Fenix hot brakes on push
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2023, 01:49:44 pm »
this is mentioned numerous times on the forum, raging arguments about how many times it has to happen to be an fault, dating back months

the problem still exists for me.

i note the comment from fenix on the subject which appears to point the finger as GSX
https://kb.fenixsim.com/hot-brakes-when-using-gsx

is there a fix i've missed? Does GSX accept the issue?

I think that it really depends on the combination between tow truck used at an airport and the livery you're using.
I have several liveries for the Fenix and still have to experiment a single time with overheated brakes. It simply never happened to me yet.
Try to map which livery you are using and from which airport you're departing. See if you find some pattern.

rotorfib

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2023, 06:13:32 pm »
I had it happen once not that long ago, I can't remember the airport or the livery but I've been flying around China on China Eastern flights.

In any case, on the Fenix if this happens you can go into the MCDU and make a request maintenance to check the landing gear, maybe brakes. Sorry I can't remember the exact option. But dig around and you'll find it, will resolve the issue and you can continue the flight. I think I had to shut down the engines, other than that no big deal and most importantly you don't have to restart the flight.

I just pretend I'm getting a false warning and calling to have it checked, they reset whatever and I'm good to go  ;D ;D

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2023, 09:46:46 pm »
Yes, this has been discussed many times on the forum and yes, it's nothing we can fix on our side, because the brake temperature is not something standard, it's an internal simulation in the Fenix.

Fenix, as far as we know, does detect GSX Pushing and it should prevent this and, in fact, most users reported this to be fixed after Fenix made the required changes to the airplane code to support GSX Pushback, a long while ago.

However, as also discussed several times on the forum as well, the problem is really caused by FS Realistic "Ambient Wind" function, so it's a combination of Fenix+GSX+FsRealistic "Ambient Wind".

Until FSRealistic would eventually be updated to detect GSX pushback (the information how to do that is open to everybody in the GSX Manual), you need to disable this function in FSRealistic. We don't have it, so we can't confirm, so I can only trust multiple users reports confirming it doesn't happen without FSRealistic, or with the "Ambient Wind" in Fsrealistic turned off.