Author Topic: couatl engine stops  (Read 1002 times)

jimjag

couatl engine stops
« on: July 01, 2023, 08:12:43 pm »
couatl engine stops when boarding requested and a message is
displayed telling me to run update. This happens monthly then
after about 5 attempted flights it stops for about 3 weeks and
then the cycle starts again. It is very frustating. Sometimes
running update works sometimes no.
HELP!!!!!!
Thank You,
Jim,
jjag1@roadrunner.com

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: couatl engine stops
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2023, 10:05:59 pm »
The message is not just saying to update. It's also asking if you want to see the error details, which you are supposed to, especially when reporting a problem.

jimjag

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2023, 12:24:31 am »
I just wanted to apologize for not including the error log.
I am including it now.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2023, 01:28:32 am »
Please clarify if you are using a default scenery for KMDW or not, because if you use a 3rd party scenery, the first problem is you haven't excluded it from GSX Jetway replacement, something you should always do when you install a new scenery, because GSX Jetway replacement files are only supposed to be used with default sceneries.

In addition to that, I see the #99 error when requesting jetway, which is a panic log from MSFS Simconnect ( it means an "internal Simconnect error" ), and a failure to even get any jetway data from the Navdata API. This is usually caused by having reached the maximum number of objects in a scene, usually caused by your AI traffic too high, especially when using Injection.

jimjag

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2023, 07:02:45 pm »
Umberto -

I excluded all of my 3rd party airports (4), using the Universal Installer.  My in-game AI traffic is set to 0.
I use windows 11 Pro, 32g memory, i9-10900K. I am including my
newest couatl.err file. I use FSLTL for my AI traffic. THE PROBLEM STILL EXISTS.

Thank You for all you have done,

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2023, 07:22:45 pm »
I excluded all of my 3rd party airports (4), using the Universal Installer. 

Assuming your new error log is updated, it shows you haven't excluded the airport from GSX jetway replacement, since it's still showing GSX replacement jetways. Could you please clarify if you have a 3rd party scenery for KMDW or not ?

jimjag

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2023, 08:17:48 pm »
My 3rd party airports are KMDW (DRZEWIECKI), KBWI (LVFR), KLAS (FLYTAMPA), KCLE (PACSIM).
When I excluded the airports I placed the airport code in the "SEARCH PATTERN" box
and pressed the "EXCLUDE 3rdPARTY AIRPORT" button. I did the previous for all
3rdparty airports.

jimjag

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2023, 09:38:51 pm »
Umberto -
I think I fixed it, with your help. I went back to the Universal Installer, hit the "CONGIG" buton
Looked up all of my 3rd party airports .bgl file in the enable col. I then pressed the >> button
to move them one at a time into the disabled col. All four airports  are then listed in the DISABLED col.
Pressed the EXCLUDE 3rd Party Airports button, the ribbon box went farther then it had ever gone. I then hit the
"APPLY" button, which I had not done previously. I loaded up Flight Simulator used GSX the way I had always
used it and had NO problem. I have included the new couatl.err log.
Thank You for pointing me in the correct direction,
Jim Jagelewski

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2023, 01:20:16 pm »
If you don't press Apply in the GSX Config panel, none of your changes will be saved, that's normal.