Author Topic: GSX Pro Pushback Editing Keybinds  (Read 6638 times)

Chairman941

GSX Pro Pushback Editing Keybinds
« on: June 17, 2023, 03:53:59 am »
I'm new to GSX and I was looking at the key binds for editing in drone mode. I noticed in the pushback editor, in order to rotate the aircraft or any waypoint you have to use numpad keys 'num 1' and 'num 3'. The issue is that I have a Logitech MX Mechanical Mini which doesn't have a numpad. Is there a way to rebind key binds for GSX?

BTW I am aware that you can use 'F7' and 'F8', but those moves it too much. I know that 'num 1' and 'num 3' rotate 1 degree at a time or something small which is what I want to do, but can't since I don't have a numpad.

Same question also applies to all of the other editing modes that require a numpad.

Thank you!
Nathan Spielman

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: GSX Pro Pushback Editing Keybinds
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2023, 04:53:44 pm »
I think it just uses the default key commands for the slew commands, so if you change those, you'd be changing it for that, too.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2023, 06:49:15 pm »
No, GSX doesn't use the Slew commands in MSFS, only in P3D. In MSFS, it maps the keys directly, because Slew mode is unusable in MSFS. I'm afraid the only options are either using some keyboard macro software, like autokeys, or an external USB numeric pad.

Chairman941

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2023, 07:04:09 pm »
Thanks.

That’s weird. They should definitely add an option to rebind keys.
Nathan Spielman

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2023, 07:23:33 pm »
That’s weird. They should definitely add an option to rebind keys.

You mean "us" FSDT ? It's not as if you haven't added an option because we forgot about it, the problem is the MSFS SDK is both *limited* AND *bugged* when key mapping is concerned, the two main issues are:

- Asobo doesn't want add-ons to "steal" keys from the sim (this is possible in FSX and P3D), not even momentarily, because they fear badly made add-ons might cause problems. However, once they have been confronted with the issue that, without this feature, it will never be possible to simulator something like an A380/350 which can be operated with a full-size PC keyboard that would be unusable with mouse clicks, they admitted than yes, maybe that feature might be needed, and are considering a way to have it, but it's just not there yet.

- The are bugs in Simconnect that key modifiers simply doesn't work correctly so, as an example, if your app needs Shift-F12, and the simulator has a function mapped to F12, even you press Shift-F12, the simulator WILL do the "thing" it has assigned to F12, this is clearly a bug that has been reported a long while ago, but hasn't been fixed yet.

For both the above reasons, we can't really offer a "remap" function and, instead, had to use whatever keys are left available in the Showcase/Drone camera.