Author Topic: GSX is not recognized by MSFS  (Read 2041 times)

martin320

GSX is not recognized by MSFS
« on: June 12, 2023, 05:41:28 pm »
hello

I bought GSX for MSFS today and installed it with the installer. But the MSFS does not recognize the program.
Is it a Problem: Ihave 2 GSX installed: 1 for P3D (without problems) and 1 for MSFS (with Problems)

Can someone help me there

Best Regards
Martin

https://i.postimg.cc/V6RsbYLf/Screenshot-2023-06-08-171716.png
« Last Edit: June 12, 2023, 06:30:07 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX is not recognized by MSFS
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2023, 06:36:24 pm »
You don't have two GSX installed, your screenshot only shows the page with MSFS products (because you hid the FSX\P3D ones), and it shows GSX Pro has been activated, but not installed.

You haven't said anything if you tried to install. Assuming you did, and it's still not reported as installed, you must have seen some kind of error or something suggesting the installation didn't complete. Have you ? If yes, clarify what you saw.

If not, a problem like this is usually caused by these issues:

- You changed the default installation destination for the FSDT Addon Manager to be "inside" the Community folder. This is a mistake because, the installer will then create links, so you'll be causing the creation of a circular link. The default installation path is just fine, the only reason why you want to change it, is if you don't have enough space on C:. Every folder and every drive it's ok, EXCEPT inside the Community folder. Note that, the current version of the FSDT Installer, which is the one you download from our site, won't allow you to install inside the Community folder, but if you used the one on Digital River, it might not be the latest version.

OR

- You manually copied the two GSX Pro packages in the Community folder, so the installer cannot create the link, because you placed a real folder there. Remove them both, if this is the case, and reinstall again.

martin320

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2023, 10:07:51 pm »
i installed GSX via the installer. did not have the opportunity to change the installation path. It was simply installed under programs(x86). What can I do now

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2023, 10:20:07 pm »
i installed GSX via the installer. did not have the opportunity to change the installation path. It was simply installed under programs(x86). What can I do now

The path was already set because you already installed something, and it's the right path. Again, you haven't said anything if you saw something that could look like an error during the installation. The installation of GSX Pro, of course, not the installation of the FSDT Installer.

Basically, what happens if you press Install ? Does it stop somewhere ? Where ? Saying what ?

martin320

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2023, 10:37:16 pm »
The installation looked quite normal. The problem is also that no files are copied to the community folder.

martin320

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2023, 10:39:21 pm »
I just clicked install in the AddonManager. Or should I have done something else

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2023, 10:46:17 pm »
The installation looked quite normal. The problem is also that no files are copied to the community folder.

No files are supposed to be copied to the Community folder, only Symbolic links will be created. Is it possible the drive you have the Community folder on is not formatted in NTFS ? It's not possible to create links to it if it isn't.

Also, have you maybe linked just the Community folder to another drive, instead of moving the whole Content ( Official and Community ), as explained here ? See this post here:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,29801.msg193093.html#msg193093

martin320

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2023, 10:26:16 pm »
Unfortunately I do not know what else I can do
have tried all described possibilities, unfortunately without success. I will not try to install GSX any further for now.

Too bad , with other programs I have never had problems

Thanks for the help and if I have further questions, I will contact you.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2023, 02:55:56 pm »
Too bad , with other programs I have never had problems

If your problem is caused by the Community folder located on a non-NTFS drive or not correctly setup in the way described above, you might not find any problems with other add-ons, as long you don't start to use Symbolic links, which are clearly a better solution (as proven by the existence of the Addon Linker, which started as a way to "convert" add-ons to Symbolic links usage).

Symbolic  links are very useful, but they require the MSFS Content folder being moved in the proper officially supported way, and they require NTFS, those are the two main requisites.

martin320

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2023, 05:11:54 pm »
After I tried to start Courtl the following error message appeared

couatl v4.8 (build 5251)
panic log started on Wed Jun 28 22:42:59 2023

problem raised by addon <unknown>
Traceback (most recent call last):
File ".\GSX\__init__.py", line 1280, in onSimStart
File ".\GSX\__init__.py", line 1208, in checkOnGroundState
File ".\common\criticalsection.py", line 23, in _synchronized
File ".\GSX\assistanceServices\__init__.py", line 4291, in aircraftEngaged
File ".\GSX\assistanceServices\__init__.py", line 4402, in materializeTrafficCones
File ".\GSX\assistanceServices\__init__.py", line 4371, in materializeFuelManHole
File ".\common\modelCustomization.py", line 1285, in getModelWithTitle
common.modelCustomization.ModelNotAvailable: No model of title FSDT_Fuel_Hydrant_Chevron
{'Airport': 'EDDM', 'User Pos': (48.35815277777743, 11.792472161679067, 452.826 m, 2.87061 m, 263.10094118524205, 0.005375099368393421, 0.001745329238474369, 0.0, 3.18211187210083, 1.0)}

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2023, 10:20:22 pm »
I can only repeat my last suggestion: If your problem is caused by the Community folder located on a non-NTFS drive or not correctly setup in the way described above, you might not find any problems with other add-ons, as long you don't start to use Symbolic links, which are clearly a better solution (as proven by the existence of the Addon Linker, which started as a way to "convert" add-ons to Symbolic links usage).

Symbolic  links are very useful, but they require the MSFS Content folder being moved in the proper officially supported way, and they require NTFS, those are the two main requisites.

martin320

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2023, 06:20:31 pm »
Hello again,

unfortunately I have not solved my problem. Am about to give up. And run MSFS without GSX pro.

My hard drive is formatted NTFS. Also have P3Dv4 on the disk and there strangely runs GSX without problems.

Honestly do not know what else to do

Many greetings
Martin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2023, 12:00:07 pm »
Also, have you maybe linked just the Community folder to another drive, instead of moving the whole Content ( Official and Community ), as explained here ? See this post here:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,29801.msg193093.html#msg193093