Author Topic: customize aircraft not saving  (Read 2605 times)

SN737

customize aircraft not saving
« on: June 11, 2023, 02:08:09 am »
using pmdg 738, when trying to save "not to use cones", it does not work anymore, it returns to cones ticked and cones are shown in AC exterior view.

rsaberi

Re: customize aircraft not saving
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2023, 04:13:02 am »
Yep, I have the same issue! It's not saving for Fenix A320 either. It says it saved but the next round (starting MSFS) it goes back to default.

Richard1000

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2023, 03:02:30 pm »
Not saving the baggage system either!

SN737

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2023, 07:53:39 pm »
this updates are breaking more than they fix, i'm starting to get tired of it really.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2023, 03:20:16 am »
I cannot reproduce the problem, see this video I just made to verify this, showing changing the cones option many times, back and forth, and always restarting the Couatl engine ( which is equivalent to restarting the sim, from a GSX point of view), and every time the option is saved, and the cones are visible or not depending on the option:

rsaberi

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2023, 03:52:54 am »
May be try existing the Sim and re-enter? I have saved it several times now and every time I return back to Sim it's the default again!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2023, 04:22:56 am »
May be try existing the Sim and re-enter? I have saved it several times now and every time I return back to Sim it's the default again!

I tried it, and it works, I just don't see the point of posting a video showing the long MSFS loading progress bar. Which is also why is said restarting the sim it functionally identical to restarting the Couatl engine, from a GSX point of view.

In any case, I tried it again, just to be 100% sure, restarted the sim, and the configuration is saved, and the cones alway match the configuration.  The exact procedure was:

- Start the sim, verified the cones are showing and the traffic cones option is checked, which is the default from the GSX internal database for the 737-800

- Edit the airplane, disabled the cones, they disappeared immediately

- Exit the sim

- Restart the sim, no cones as shown, the option in the airplane page is not checked, as expected.

Have you tried with a new profile, starting from the Reset button ? A possible reason for not saving the profile, it's some kind of error in the .INI or something that is preventing it to be modified, for example having it opened in another external editor as well.

jfo11

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2023, 08:44:39 am »
Hello, I have the same problem since I installed GSX in a new computer a couple of days ago.
I want to change the front baggage loader in the Fenix to "BELT".
I enter the Aircraft editor, change it and save it (this has worked for me in the past in my older computer).
The config. file is successfully created (I can see it in C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Roaming\virtuali\Airplanes\fnx320\gsx.cfg). If I open it with NOTEPAD, the change I made is there.
As soon as I exit MSFS, and open again a flight, the change in the aircraft is not loaded, despite the correct .cfg file being there.
When I look at the Couatl.err file, I see it contains the following line:
"Specific GSX.CFG file for EC-LZZ not found in C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Roaming\Virtuali/Airplanes\fnx320, using a default GSX.CFG file"
Not a deal breaker, but I would like to have this sorted out.
Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2023, 02:09:09 pm »
I see more than one user reporting having edited the loader. Maybe that is the problem, not the Traffic cones, which are the ones I tested with.

jfo11

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2023, 07:53:41 pm »
Here you see what happens with me (I also tried with the cones, and the bug is the same, not saved).
1) First time I edit the plane: First attachment
2) Second time I enter the editor, without leaving the flight or closing Couatl: Second attachment
3) Third time I enter the editor, after leaving the flight and starting another one, or after closing and reopening Couatl: Third attachment

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2023, 08:11:28 pm »
Please clarify exactly what you edited in the airplane, because as you can see from the first screenshot, the Fenix A320 is already configured to not use the GSX Traffic cones by default, and it's not clear what you edited, since both 1st and 2nd screenshot are identical, with the only difference the 2nd one is using the custom profile and the 1st one is using the internal data.

Since you said "I also tried with the cones", suggest you edited something else, which can't be seen in the screenshot. The loaders, maybe ?

SN737

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2023, 08:33:09 pm »
As i stated, cones settings are not saved. When you edit aircraft it works but then restart Coautl, cones are there again, so no, disabling cones is not working.

jfo11

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2023, 09:21:21 pm »
Please clarify exactly what you edited in the airplane, because as you can see from the first screenshot, the Fenix A320 is already configured to not use the GSX Traffic cones by default, and it's not clear what you edited, since both 1st and 2nd screenshot are identical, with the only difference the 2nd one is using the custom profile and the 1st one is using the internal data.

Since you said "I also tried with the cones", suggest you edited something else, which can't be seen in the screenshot. The loaders, maybe ?
Yes, I tried both the cones and the loaders...
In both cases, the .cfg  is saved, but it is not loaded when restarting Coautl (as written above, I found the following in the Couatl.err file:
"Specific GSX.CFG file for EC-LZZ not found in C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Roaming\Virtuali/Airplanes\fnx320, using a default GSX.CFG file")

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2023, 10:22:47 pm »
"Specific GSX.CFG file for EC-LZZ not found in C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Roaming\Virtuali/Airplanes\fnx320, using a default GSX.CFG file")

That's normal, and it says you don't have an airframe specific .CFG file for that livery, so it will use the normal one, and it's exactly what is supposed to say if you don't have an airframe specific .CFG file.

The next lines should tell which file was actually loaded, that's why we always ask to NOT cut pieces of the log you think are important, and always ZIP the complete file and ATTACH it to a post, so I can see the complete file.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2023, 10:25:49 pm »
As i stated, cones settings are not saved. When you edit aircraft it works but then restart Coautl, cones are there again, so no, disabling cones is not working.

As I've shown in my video, cones settings are saved and loaded.

So I wanted to know if you edited another settings too. Somebody suggested the loaded, so I tried changing the loaders as well, tried also the Fenix and no, it works normally so, I still unable to reproduce the problem, which means I need more precise information to what you are doing, exactly.