Author Topic: Strange Sound during Pushback  (Read 1103 times)

Tim737

Strange Sound during Pushback
« on: January 10, 2023, 07:16:03 am »
Hello
Ive noticed a very strange sound during push... it happens shortly after start of push stops shortly before the end. It sounds like scrapping metal on the taxiway and is pretty loud...
Im using a Prosim737 Flightmodel and never heard that sound before with normal push or with P3D...
Im using now MSFS2020 and i guess this sound is from MSFS2020 because i already deleted all sounds from GSX except the Marshaller Radio calls...

Thanks in advance
Tim

St.LouisBlues

Re: Strange Sound during Pushback
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2023, 03:34:42 pm »
I've been having this same issue for a long time with the Aerosoft CRJ.  It doesn't seem to happen with the PMDG 737, but it does happen with the new Microsoft ATR as well.  There is an unsettling grinding noise as the plane is pushed back into the position where the tug will soon disconnect.  The nose sinks slowly into the pavement, lower and lower until you disconnect.  You can see the marshaller's head appear in the cockpit as the tug is disconnected and then there is a sudden violent crash as the nose springs back up into its rightful position, level with the pavement.  Does anyone have a workaround for this?  I believe the option to lift the aircraft on push is disabled.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2023, 03:36:49 pm by St.LouisBlues »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2023, 02:21:20 pm »
The sound is likely coming from the airplane itself, as an added effect that might be supposed to happen on certain conditions.

It's possible the airplane code is detecting a condition that should only appear in flight which was instead a result of the airplane being frozen ( so it won't stutter because of two simulations fight against each other at every frame ) so it's generating that extra sound, which means the only possible way to fix this, is the developer using the published GSX variables to detect when GSX is pushing, and ignore whatever condition it's in place to call for that sound.

This might also possibly caused by another add-on, like FS Realistic, that might add its own sounds to airplanes, and if that's the case, it could only be fixed if FS Realistic checked if GSX is pushing, which has all the documented means to do so.

It also possibly related to the scenery, because I just tried a Pushback from our new KIAH at B12 with the CRJ, no strange noises at all.

St.LouisBlues

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2023, 03:51:39 pm »
Thanks Umberto, I think I've found the problem with your help.  At first I also thought that maybe it was FSRealistic causing this, but I believe the real problem was Toolbar Pushback.  Even though I wasn't using it, it was still installed and I believe this was causing the problem. 

Since removing Toolbar Pushback (flightsim.to), I haven't experienced the crunching noises or the drop in the front of the plane after several flights.